Chapter Two: Like Father, Like Son

This is Mr. Krupp, principal of Columbus West Wing K-12 School. No, not the one you're used to. He retired 5 years ago and is still living in Piqua. This is Benjamin Krupp Jr., his son. But, I don't exactly blame you for getting the two mixed up. They do look and act just like each other. Almost straight up clones of one another. Now, back to the story.

Meena and Kei entered the office like they did at least once a week for their pranks (and they always got away with them because they're smart). "Have a seat, girls," said Mr Krupp.

The two did as they were told and took their normal seats as Krupp continued. "This morning, the sign outside the school today was supposed to say 'K-4 Parent Teacher Conferences Tuesday'. And now, can you two explain why it reads the lyrics to 'Confident' by Demi Lovato?!"

"He...he," Kei whispered to Meena, trying not to laugh, "He knows what song that's from?" Meena choked up a little bit herself.

"I know you two are responsible for this," Krupp concluded.

"There are over 1300 kids in this school," Meena defensed, "What makes you think this was our doing? What's your proof?"

"All the proof I need is here!" answered Krupp, grabbing his stomach, "Inside my gut!"

"No doubt about that," Kei whispered to Meena, giggling. Meena started to laugh, too, which absolutely triggered Mr. Krupp.

"You two may be more clever than your fathers, but one day, I'll catch you two! One day..." Mr. Krupp dragged off all ominously before kicking the girls out of his office.

"Hey, Meena, wanna come over after school today?" asked Kei while they walked down the hall.

"Can't," said Meena, "Still grounded. Plus," she gestured to her backpack, "Gotta return these before Dad finds out they're gone." Meena waved goodbye to her friend and entered the science classroom.

"Ah, miss Beard, you decided to join us," the science teacher greeted, then proceeded to explain that they were working in pairs today. "You're partnered with Miss Donna Pentman." Meena's face went red.

Ah, Donna Pentman. She moved to Columbus in 4th grade and was severely picked on for being a nerd. But when she met Meena and Kei, things got way better for her and her social life improved drastically, and the three became best friends. The only reason you didn't see her until now is that she's very uncomfortable with their pranks and breaking the rules, and she spent lunch hour in the science lab working on an extra credit project. Other than that, the girls were inseparable. They even gave themselves a name, Kiana.

Look-wise, Donna has pale skin that was dappled with freckles and green eyes. Calling her red hair long was a huge understatement. It's like there was a sea of lava coming out of her head.

Also, if you haven't guessed already, Meena has a huge crush on her.

"Hey, there you are," greeted Donna with a warm smile, "Okay, so the answer to number 3 is...."

●   ●   ●

When Meena got home, she saw a note on the fridge.

Dear Meena,
I'll be staying late at the office tonight. Your father is at Uncle Harold's discussing a new story. Nik is at daycare, so you have the house to yourself for a few hours.
Love, Mom

Meena sighed with relief. These nights weren't very common and she had to return the comics to her dad's studio before he noticed. She crept down to George's studio, over to his desk, and put the box in the large bottom drawer. But when she did so, she noticed a red glowing object. Meena picked it out to see what it was, and when she did so, the biggest smile appeared on her face.

Meena grabbed her phone and put a message out on Kiana's group chat.
"Girls, meet me in the bathroom tomorrow morning. There's something I want to show you."