Chapter 6: Parisian date

Start from the beginning

"Then have a romantic date with me here. If there's one thing I regret, it's not bringing the women I loved here. I'm not saying I had the money to treat them to a Parisian date before, but I sometimes wonder what it would have been if I made an effort, if I made time."

"I will make time," Suzy whispered under her breath once again and without warning, stepped back so she was almost touching Joohyuk's chest.

In a calming but precise movement, she dropped her arms to the side only to grasp his hands with hers as she brought his arms around her body to hug her from behind. "Kol. Let's date here," she said, biting her lower lip. Too late to back out.

Suzy's body was now flush against his chest but he didn't reject her, instead Joohyuk intertwined his hands to her, across her stomach and held her against him, inhaling the scent of her natural hair, no pretence of a wig anywhere to be seen.

"I'm sure we'd enjoy this more if I have no work to do."

"Priorities, Joohyuk-ah. Remember business before pleasure."

"Ne, Jagiya!"

Suzy chuckled and allowed her head to sink against his chest, listening to the soothing call of each heartbeat and noting that when she placed her cold hands on top of his, it started to beat a little faster.

"Have dinner with me?" Joohyuk mumbled against her ear after a few silent yet strangely, comfortable moments.

"Oui, je voudrais bien."

____________

As Suzy casually took lick after lick of her cheesecake off the tiniest of dessert spoons, she looked up to Joohyuk who was eyeing her intently.

"Wae?" she asked.

"I want to know something."

"Hmm mwo?" Suzy frowned but openly welcomed his curiosity.

"Why the beauty of Bae Suzy has yet to be captured," he spoke with integrity as he sipped his espresso.

"You mean why haven't I got a ring on my finger?"

Joohyuk nodded at this and she smirked a sinister but longing expression.

"Didn't you know Korea will be flooded with tears once I marry?"

"Maja," he said, grinning. "But I'm almost certain he would be the luckiest."

With a mere shrug, Suzy suddenly stood, walking away from him.

Dumbfounded at her reaction, he questioned what had just happened and having no time to make a rational choice, followed her.

Leaving the dining quarters, he followed her towards the stairwell. She would have no doubt taken the elevator in any normal circumstance but her reactions only lead him to believe she was going up. Right up.

With a quick and steady pace, Suzy took each step with enthusiasm, not stopping until she reached air. Joohyuk on the other hand, had to stop once to regain his breath before he continued his pursuit of her.

____________

When he finally felt cool air rushing into his lungs and a crisp breeze on his face, he realized he had reached the roof.

His eyes immediately set upon Suzy. She really was beautiful in the moonlight. Her figure was hugged lovingly by a black dress that finished just above the knee, pleated lines accentuating her tiny waist and a zip running full length down the back of the dress, finishing just low enough to allow Joohyuk to admire the luxury that was her neck. A weak spot.