Chapter 6: Parisian date

The 12 hour 30 minutes non-stop plane journey was pleasant. That would be the only way to phrase it.

Six hours in, Suzy had finally given into temptation and allowed herself to fall asleep on Joohyuk's shoulder. She would deny it to the bitter end if teased about it when she woke up but he knew better. He would always be reminded of the pleasant memory of her soft snores whenever she got a bit too big for her boots.

Hours later.

"Do you always stare at unsuspecting women creepily while they sleep?" Suzy said with her eyes firmly shut and an emotionless line of her lips.

"Aniya. Only you," he muttered next to her ear huskily which only enhanced her reaction.

Slapping him on the shoulder and shoving him away, her eyes opened and she realized the surface she was laying on was far luxurious than that of even the expensive first class seat.

Taking a few second to get her bearings, she frowned and propped herself up with her arms, coming to the realization that she was now in the comfort of a highly starred Parisian hotel.

"Woah. How did I get here? Have I been kidnapped?"

Joohyuk merely laughed as he continued to lie facing her casually on his side as he played with a rose from one of the many vases littered around the suite.

"Although I dream to play a psychopath someday, Suzynapping is not my forte."

Smiling sarcastically, she stood up from the bed and began to pace the room, until she ended up at the large window situated a few feet away from the bed that housed a small balcony overlooking the city.

"You fell asleep on the plane and I couldn't quite bare to wake you when we landed so I carried you from the plane to the car and again from the car to here." He shrugged, eventually easing himself off the comfortable bed. "Don't worry I made it sure no one recognized us," he said, walking towards Suzy who stood just outside the now open balcony doors.

"Gomawo," she said simply as if all her cockiness had just flown out of the window, literally.

"The view is stunning isn't it?"

It was clear to see what Joohyuk was talking about as they stood- Suzy in front of him, bracing the balcony railings. He stood a step behind her taking in the beautiful sight of Paris illuminated by stars and artificial lighting which stretched for miles.

"Areumdapda."

It was only above a whisper but Joohyuk heard her loud and clear. He didn't ask for more but he knew there was something else she was meaning to say.

"I love Paris, I visit her often. I would sight-see for hours and dine in the sweet cafés in the day time and at night after dinner in one of my favourite restaurants, come back to my room and look at the city from the balcony."

She smiled at the memory but even standing behind her, Joohyuk felt her body stiffen at her words.

"Paris is the most romantic city in the world. Did you ever come here with a special someone?" He didn't know what got into him to ask that, but he had to.

"Almost but we blew up our chance. After going public, more responsibilities had to be taken care of, less time with one another." She shrugged as she tried to justify a wasted chance by her former boyfriend.

Joohyuk knew of Suzy and her first publicized relationship. He certainly saw it in the news, Suzy's dating scandal in London, he was one of the thousands men who got brokenhearted at that time after finding out the nation's first love was already taken. But he refused to celebrate with his guy friends after Suzy's break up news made headlines, he just couldn't quite push away the feeling that Suzy must be hurting somewhere hopefully not alone all by herself and had to bear a scar after a failed relationship.