C h a p t e r [ 1 8 ]

Start from the beginning

          “One is never too young for exposing themselves.” She said solemnly and we both burst out laughing.

          And all of a sudden, I felt lighter. I felt right. I felt my mate’s presence! I scanned the hall and saw Derek James goofing around with our future alpha. He hadn’t seen me, but I saw him glance curiously around him. It was common for a female to detect her mate first. I instantly felt pride as I thought of being a Beta’s mate. I was completely honoured.

          “Hey.” I whispered to Allysa, ducking so Derek won’t spot me. “What?”

          “What would you say if I say I found my mate?”

          “I would say my ‘father shall not like this’” She joked around. She often told me about her father’s opposition towards the phenomenon of ‘mates’. Her father seemed to be a very bitter man. But to an extent I understood him. His mate ran away when Allysa was just nine. I personally found them very strong for dealing with this and could not help but admire Allysa.

          But I also felt very uneasy around him. It was almost as he was forcing Allysa to slut around and sleep with boys and to forget about ever finding a mate. Allysa hasn’t slept with anyone yet as far as I know though, she was only fifteen. Whenever I questioned her about this and her father she instantly changed the topic so I couldn’t even make out anything from her responses. I was worried she was starting to listen to him.

          I chuckled. “No seriously, my mate’s in this room right now.” She widened her eyes and scanned the room. And I continued lowly, “I am honoured to be his mate. It’s a very high position.” I said almost wistfully and pointed at him.

          She glanced to where I was pointing and nodded in agreement, “Yeah, younger dudes, huh?” She winked at me. I scrunched my eyebrows in confusion. Derek was only younger to me by a month, so he wasn’t really a younger dude. She then got up and said she had to leave and she had a really mysterious smile on her face. That bitch is so getting laid.

           I shrugged it off and cursed silently when I saw that my finger was now pointed to Ryder who was covering Derek.

          I couldn’t wait for Derek and me to become official.

-

          “Hi sir.” I bowed my head in respect to our current Beta, Beta James and he smiled at me warmly before stepping aside to let me in. I had decided I was going to tell Derek I was his mate and I smiled affectionately as I thought of him and how I was going to shift , today probably.

          I went inside the hall and I waited for half an hour for Derek to come out. I threw a frustrated glance at the clock. Screw it, I’m going in. I thought to myself pacing across the corridor to get to his room.

          “Allysa.”

          I froze against the door. I knew it was Derek’s voice. “Allysa fuck yeah, right there!” His moans got louder and I heard my best friend faintly whisper the word, “Derek.” Tears started cascading down my cheeks.  Didn’t I tell her today he was my mate? How could she?

          “Allysa stop I can feel someone else is here.”

          I wiped my wet cheeks and got out of there as fast as I could.

-

          “Where, were you?” She gritted out as I entered the room drenched. “Out in the woods, what did you think?” I snapped at her and she narrowed her eyes in disbelief. “I’m sorry for being concerned. Why did you become so late? It’s 12 now!”

          I gritted my teeth again, this time my wolf growling with me. We were furious. We here hurt.

          We had been betrayed.

          “I shifted.” Her eyes lit up, “Was your mate with you? Oh my god!” I snapped.

          “You would know all about that, wouldn’t you? Fucking bitch.”

          “ E-Excuse me?” She stared at me, and I could see panic began to set in.

          “You and Derek huh? That’s right I heard you.” I started shouting.

          “So what?” She raised her voice back at me.

          “He’s my fucking mate, you fucking slut! Don’t pretend you don’t know shit!” I shrieked.

          She seemed appalled at what I called her and she took a step back, her eyes tearing up. However I didn’t feel sorry for her, not at all. “I –I didn’t know-“

          I snorted at her lame excuse, and I grew livid.I had told her this right this morning and she didn’t know?

          “Don’t fucking bullshit me Clarks. Fucking stay away from me alright? I don’t need your STD’s.” The tears streamed down her face and she started gasping.

          And I delivered the final blow. The one that would hit her the hardest. “No fucking wonder your mom ran away. I would too.” I choked as I saw my best friend weaken before my very eyes.

          That night I cried till my tears ran dry. Because I didn’t get my mate, because my best friend betrayed me. Because they slept together.

          But mostly I cried because I missed her. I had lost Allysa Clarks forever.

Why did Allysa do that? If you read the wording again, you will see that Beth had pointed her finger at Ryder who was covering Derek. And she was talking about how she felt honoured to have a mate at such a high position so Allysa assumed it was Ryder as Beth’s mate.

Also Allysa teased Beth saying “younger dudes” because Ryder ,like Allysa was fifteen at that time. Derek also has not realized that Beth was his mate at that point. So the entire thing was a misunderstanding.

Sorry, I don't think I wrote this chapter well :/

I don’t know about you guys, but I surprisingly feel for Beth. Like I’m feeling emotional but I don’t know why. Agh.

And I’m pissed because some people in Wattpad are so annoying and rude. Ugh.

Thanks to this one person who brought to notice that someone has a really similar story to mine. I’m looking into it because I would really hate if people copied my idea. I thought I was being original while writing this :/

Please

VOTE

COMMENT

FOLLOW

SHARE

Till laters,

Charlotte.