With a lopsided smile, you dryly laugh. "I don't know how I find myself in these situations where so many great guys like me." You grow quiet before continuing. "I'm sure there's someone out there dying to be in my spot right now. But the reality is...this is stressful. Having to hurt the ones close to me and not reciprocate their feelings back. This kind of situation pains me but it pains the other person more."

You force your eyes closed. "I started wondering if meeting Kenma and even Tetsurō again was a mistake. That maybe if we kept things how they were ten years ago, it would've been better off for them. Kenma would find someone else and so would..." You couldn't finish your sentence.

The thought of Kuroo dating and even marrying someone else is a thought you feared the most. Despite how much you tried to pull yourself away from him. Despite how you treated him coldly at first.

Despite all that...

"You would've regretted it Y/N." Azumane speaks up when he finds an opening. "You know yourself better than anyone. You would've regretted it if you saw Kuroo with someone else." Azumane's voice is comforting as a warm blanket in the winter. He timidly places a hand on your shoulder causing you to flutter your eyes open.

"You would be more heartbroken if you saw Kuroo loving someone else. Because to you, Kuroo will always be your first and last love." Azumane tries to hold the smile on his face but his furrowed brows show his real emotions. It's hard for him to give Y/N advice like this. His feelings are still recovering but he remains strong for her.

"Kuroo holds a special place in your heart. You wouldn't have pushed him away so much if you didn't care about him. I can't speak on Kenma's behalf but, at the end of the day..." Azumane lowers his eyes for a brief moment before staring directly into your eyes.

"I want nothing more than to see you happy. Of course I'll be hurt along the way, but I too, will find someone that loves me. I don't know when. But I'm not going to rush the process." Azumane exhales with a bitter laugh. "The single life isn't too bad either. I'll just put most of my time and attention into my career."

You place a hand on Azumane's shoulder, giving it a firm squeeze. "You'll find someone. She might be closer than you think." You form a smile and Azumane grows shy from your words.

"H-Hey, I'm suppose to be comforting you right now." Azumane pulls his hand away from your shoulder. He casts his eyes back outside the window, slurping down his Americano.

You quietly giggle under your breath.

"Did anything else happen to bother you?" Azumane speaks up again. You nod your head.

"My feelings for Tetsurō. I know I shouldn't feel guilty for having these feelings for him. But...I don't know how to respond to them when I now know Kenma's feelings."

"Kenma understands. I'm sure he was well aware of the consequences to his confession like I was. The two of us selfishly voiced our feelings despite knowing they'll never be returned. We shouldn't have put you in that position. I realized a bit later how cruel that was on you mentally." Azumane lowers his head in apology.