☪ The End ☪ Kyoko Kirigiri x Reader

I'm trying so hard not to cry.

Why does it have to be me? Us?

Why right now?

Why can't we live peacefully?

----------------------------☸---------------------------

I slowly wake up to a loud boom outside my window.

"Hey...hey Kyoko? Did you hear that?" I asked, frightened. "Yes I did. I'll go check it out now." She quickly got out of bed and peeked through the curtain. I heard a loud gasp escape her lips and watched her run towards me.

"Y/N! We need to leave right now." She said in panicked voice. She was usually so calm, what exactly was happening outside?

"W-wha?? Why? What's going on?"

"War." She said as she quickly took my hand and rushed us out the door.

We ran down the stairs of our apartment and outside. I looked up to see half of our apartment building was destroyed, we were very lucky to escape. I gave quick prayers to anyone who may not have survived and ran along with Kyoko.

"Where are we even going?" I asked out of breath.

"To find a nearby shelter. It's our only chance of surviving." She huffed, still running.

"But what if someone bad sees us, what'll we do then?"

Kyoko slowed down to a walking pace and thought for a few seconds. She then ran over to a pile of mattresses and urged me to follow.

"We're going to keep looking for shelter, but we can hide around the already attacked buildings."

"..Kyoko I don't want to die..."

She took off her glove covering her scar, gently cupped my face and pressed her forehead against mine.

"I don't want to either, but I promise, as long as I'm here, you wont die. I love you Y/N.."

I couldn't stop myself from crying. I hugged her for a long time. It was as though if I let her go, I would never be able to hold her again.

"Pull yourself together Y/N, we need to get moving." She kissed my forehead and began to walk away. I hurriedly scurried after her.

We kept walking and walking and eventually found a shelter. ( so idk how shelters work during a time like this, or at all in general so,, if im wrong sorry 😃 )

We knocked on the door and after a few seconds we were greeted with guns. We held our hands up surrendering and they patted us down for weapons. Once they knew we were survivors, they rushed us inside and checked us for wounds.

----------------------------☸---------------------------

It had been I don't know how many hours since we arrived at the shelter but it was hot and crowded. Luckily we were all patched up from any scratches or bruises we had.

"Kyoko, when do you think this'll be over?" I asked

"That's something I don't know Y/N.." She answered with a small smile.