𝟎𝟎𝟒. a walk on the wild side

En başından başla

''Ah, nice hearing your voice again, love, almost as sweet as the last time I heard you.'' The voice of the person she never thought hearing again sounded causing the brunette to roll her eyes and sigh in frustration. ''Tristan. I knew I recognized that arrogant voice somewhere.'' Lucinna said annoyed before she stepped in the elevator.

Tristan chuckled. ''Well, isn't that a pleasant way to get greeted?'' He stated amused by the brunette's reaction as the young lord was calling from inside the back of his chauffeured limo which was parked at the side of the road.

''What do you want, Tristan? I'm kind of busy right now.'' Lucinna lied, pressing the button of her floor before the doors of the elevator close again.

''I've noticed. How was your run by the way?'' Tristan answered which made the brunette's eyes go wide before she growled angrily under her breath. ''Wh- are you stalking me?'' She questioned annoyed, crossing her arms over her chest.

''No, I saw you run past my car, but you didn't seem to notice me.'' He said with a frown which made Lucinna roll her eyes. ''Aw bummer, well, if that's what you wanted to tell me...I'll hang up.'' She said before the elevator came to a stop at her floor and as the doors opened, the brunette made her way out and noticed an envelope lying on her doorstep with her name written on it in bold letters.

Tristan sighed. ''That's not why I called, Lucinna...'' He told her before Lucinna ripped it open and quickly skimmed through the invitation, which fully reads,

𝒴ℴ𝓊 𝒶𝓇ℯ 𝒸ℴ𝓇𝒹𝒾𝒶𝓁𝓁𝓎 𝒾𝓃𝓋𝒾𝓉ℯ𝒹 𝓉ℴ 𝒶𝓃 ℯ𝓋ℯ𝓃𝒾𝓃𝑔 ℴ𝒻 ℯ𝓍𝓆𝓊𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓉ℯ ℯ𝓍𝒸ℯ𝓈𝓈. 𝒯𝒽ℯ 𝒟𝒶𝓋𝒾𝓁𝓁𝒶 ℰ𝓈𝓉𝒶𝓉ℯ, 7041 𝒮𝓉. 𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓇𝓁ℯ𝓈 𝒜𝓋ℯ𝓃𝓊ℯ. ℳ𝒾𝒹𝓃𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉.

ℐ 𝒽ℴ𝓅ℯ 𝓎ℴ𝓊 𝒸𝒶𝓃 𝓈𝒶𝓋ℯ 𝓂ℯ 𝒶 𝒹𝒶𝓃𝒸ℯ 𝓉ℴ𝓃𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉.

- 𝒯𝓇𝒾𝓈𝓉𝒶𝓃

''I want to invite you for tonight. You remember the Strix, who we are, what we're capable of, don't you darling?'' Tristan questioned which made Lucinna roll her eyes before she answered, ''Vaguely.''

''Well, every few years, we gather to celebrate our status as the most elite creatures in the world. And, in the rare instance we feel we've identified someone worthy of our attention, we open our doors.'' Tristan explained while Lucinna pinched the bridge of her nose, leaning against the wall, next to the door of the penthouse as she was still on the phone.

''I'm not interested Tristan.'' Lucinna stated before she pushed herself off the wall and unlocked the door of the penthouse which caused Lucien to look up at his sister from his spot on the couch as he was doing some paperwork, but before he could greet her, Lucinna placed her finger against her lips before she tapped on the back of her phone and Lucien nodded understandingly.

''Love, I only want to ask if you will join me as my date.'' Tristan answered which made Lucinna huff in annoyance while Lucien watched his sister curiously, not understanding what her conversation was about until she handed him the envelope and he started reading it, looking at it with disapproval.

The brunette shook her head, ''Still not interested.''

''Lucinna-''