Lines

"How does it feel to be the laughing stock of the class, Zim?" Dib jeered, leaning back in his seat to observe the flustered alien.

"You tell me," Zim grumbled. He kept his back facing the laughing class, his mouth pressed in a grim line and his narrowed eyes with burning fury. "You must know, being the crazy of the skool and all."

'I will not hold Zita in Ms. Bitters class,'  He wrote in pristine letters. On the other side of the blackboard, Zita rubbed at the tears threatening to spill out of her eyes. She was halfway through her side already, which was surprising, since she had stopped so many times to cry. Fortunately for her, no one had noticed that she was crying. They were too pumped over their new skool OTP to care.

"Zita and Zim, sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G!"

"Oh my gosh, that seriously happened!"

"How'd she even hit up with that weirdo?"

"...She must be crazy as Dib to want to date Zim."

"HEY! I'M NOT CRAZY!"

"I ship it."

The voices of the students made Zim's squeedilyspooch lurch. Oh, those sickening voices, jeering, LAUGHING at the Almighty Zim! ...and Zita. He glanced at Zita. She caught his gaze and quickly looked away. Zim sighed. Of all the days Ms. Bitters had to come to skool during the weekend, it HAD to be then...

-FLASHBACK-

"Are you SURE the class is empty, Zim?"

"I put a camera in there today during lunch, Zita-beast. Everyone, including Ms. Bitters, should be gone until Monday."

"Why can't we just go to your house?"

"Because GIR keeps interrupting us before we even start!"

"...Right."

Zim continued. "And your father unit hates me! So your base is out of the question."

"No, he doesn't! He likes you a lot, and you know it." Zita crossed her arms. "Dad smiles and waves whenever he sees you. He even tried to invite you to dinner once."

Zim lifted himself on his PAK legs and pushed the classroom window open. "He'll hate me if he finds out about us cuddling."

She pursed her lips. "Yeah... probably."

"Come on," Zim helped Zita through the window and snapped it shut.

"Why did you decide this was a good idea, to begin with?" Zita asked as she sat down in Ms. Bitters's chair. Zim climbed onto the desk and smirked playfully.

"Because Zim hears word that it's pleasant. I would like to try this for myself to see if it is true. GIR kicks too much, Minimoose is too small, and Computer doesn't have a physical body to hug," Zim pulled Zita onto his lap and nuzzled her ear. "but you're just right."

Zita had to smile. "Aww..."

He used his PAK legs to lower them into the chair. Zim threw his feet onto Ms. Bitters' desk, claws holding Zita's waist. Zita cupped Zim's face with her hands and gave him a swift peck on the lips.

"Promise me you won't do anything stupid that'll get us in trouble. I don't want to get caught by Ms. Bitters or another teacher..."

"Sweets, it's a weekday. Ms. Bitters won't be at the skool until Monday."

Zita chewed her bottom lip. "I don't know... I've heard rumours-"

"That's all they are. Rumours. Go to sleep."

"Hmmph," she scoffed. Zita wrapped her arms around his neck slowly. "When you stop talking."

As they drifted to sleep, Zim and Zita overlooked one little fact. And that was the pile of unmarked quizzes piled on the desk.

Zita yawned, blinking rapidly. Sunlight seeped through the windows, giving the room back its natural look that the night had stolen away. She rubbed the sleep from her eyes and looked up. A hideously wrinkled and pale face glared down at her. Zita screamed, startling Zim awake. They fell off the chair, Zita accidentally smacking the quizzes off the desktop.

"GET OUT OF MY CLASS!" Ms. Bitters roared.

Zim and Zita dashed out of the classroom like two frightened mice. Once they were out of the skool they ran separate ways to their respective houses. They didn't interact for the rest of the weekend.

On Monday, Ms. Bitters decided it would be great to further the humiliation of the couple. Standing at the front of the class, she hissed menacingly. "Over the weekend, two of my students decided to break into the skool and cuddle in my class. As punishment, Zim and Zita will be forced to write lines."

The children burst into shocked laughter. Finger-pointing and harsh whispering circulated the room.

The line-writing board came down. Its size took up half of the wall. Ms. Bitters placed a slip of paper on both culprit's desks and turned away. "You're doomed."

-END FLASHBACK-

"I'll be calling your parents tonight," Ms. Bitters announced above the din of the class. Another collective laugh circled the room.

The bell rang suddenly. Their peers leaped out of their chairs and charged for the doors. Torque slammed Zim's head into the blackboard as he passed, he and his friends breaking into cruel laughter.

"Fuck you, Smackey," Zim grumbled under his breath as he reached up to straighten his wig.

Once everyone, sans Ms. Bitters left they exchanged glances. Zita wanted to die. "I hate you," she grumbled. "You and your stupidly terrible ideas."