"It's ok; this is Asmodeus. He won't bite, promise," Harry said with a smile.

The Gryffindor pursed her lips and gave them a sour look. "I should really tell Professor Dumbledore about this," she continued to say.

"There is no need, we will take the snake away and you will be free of a snake. Also, don't look at us like that, your face will make all the onions cry" Tom said, with one of his charming smiles plastered to his face.

The Gryffindor girl gasped and said, "I'm definitely going to get Professor Dumbledor now," and stormed off.

Tom smirked at Harry who giggled a bit at his last comment. "Seriously, Tom, onions," he said. They continued on their way towards the train, with Asmodeus trailing behind.

Not too long later as they were nearing the platform, Dumbledore approached them and asked if he could have a word with them.

"M'boys what are you doing with that dangerous snake. You should know better than to bring a snake into Hogwarts, no matter how well you think you can control it. Thank you Menivra for telling me about this," he said to the proudly sanding Griffindor. "Did you really want to endanger the student body and staff, that is really irresponsible," Dumbledore reprimanded them.

Tom was angry, he did control the snake. Asmodeus is a conjured snake. 'I am very capable of controlling snakes, dumbledore. You better watch out or I will send the snakes on you so you can see how well I can control them,' Tom hissed angrily. 

Harry giggled lightly at Dumbldores blank expression, he had no idea what Tom just said.

"Tom, m'boy, if you have anything to say say it in English so we can all understand, ok," Dumbledore said, his blue eyes twinkling. "Now, where were we, ah yes, the snake I would like you to-"

Harry interrupted gently before Dumbledore had a chance to continue, "It's ok professor Dumbledore, Asmodeus is a conjured snake, he won’t harm you or any of the student body."

"Oh," Dumbledore said surprised, wondering where they learnt how to conjure a snake, "Well then, that won't be too hard to correct," he smiled.

Harry felt a string of nervousness, why did he feel like something bad was going to happen.

Dumbledore took out his wand and quickly, sharply stated "Vipera Evanesca," and Asmodeus disintegrated into a black soot which was quickly swept away by the wind.

Harry gasped and his eyes turned glossy with unfallen tears, making the green iris sparkle brighter. Tom's face hardened, his stony face looked up and squinted a bit as red eyes glared at Dumbledore.

How could he, Asmodeus was a harmless snake which had been in Hogwarts for ages and went unnoticed by literally all the teachers. Harry blinked his eyes, trying to blink away the tears but failing. A lone tear dripped down his cheek; he quickly wiped it away before more could fall.

"Well off you go m'boys, I expect the train to be leaving soon," Dumbledore said, making a shooing motion, directing towards the platform.

...

Dumbledore thought, Tom was obviously angered more easily than Harry. He also hid his emotions far better then many grown wizards he had met and still meets.

Mabey Tom was a better choice than Harry. Though Harry could still be useful.

...

Tom and Harry were finally back in their small and stuffy orphanage room. They didn't like it.

Nagini was more than happy to see them again and tell them all about scaring the little orphans who ventured too far into the woodland and into her territory. Nagini also listened to all the stories about what Hogwarts was like and what they learnt. 

Nagini still didn't really like Hogwarts due to its no snake policy, but the rest seemed to be ok to her. She liked it when Harry and Tom told her about the proud, puffed-up Abraxas Malfoy. The word pompous, which was the perfect word to describe the Malfoy, became Nagini's favourite word; she tried to use it as much as possible.

Mrs Cole was strangely giving them their own space and didn't disturb them as much. She would normally spend most of the time at the radio, always listening to pieces of the news.

Sadly, the summer holidays were quickly passing by, and the time to leave Nagini and go back to Hogwarts was drawing closer. 

...

Finally, when the first of September, the two boys were rushed to Kings cross station. The radio in the car was announcing that Germany had invaded Poland. Harry's eyes opened wide in shock at the announcement, and Tom's face remained the same, blank, except for the small tinge of worry showing itself. 

"Don't worry, nothing too bad will happen," was what Mrs Cole had said.

(Words: 1547)