Chapter 5: Uncover

Comincia dall'inizio

"Let me come with you?" he blurted before he had chance to stop himself. He was now stood, following her to the exit.

"Aniya. It's nothing, it's best if I go alone -"

The look in her eyes told him he wasn't to argue; instead he followed her outside and opened the driver's seat of the car for her, giving her the car key. "Then take my car."

Grasping at his wrist which sat against the frame of the car door, she looked to him with a gaze of apology and guilt that he had never quite seen in her face until now.

"Saturday."

He nodded. "Ne." With a final squeeze of his wrist she slipped into the black vehicle.

Joohyuk watched her go, knowing that what she was hiding something was beckoning her help and whatever it was, it was much bigger than her control. The look in her parting glance told him that.

Buzzzz Buzzzz

Suzy parked in a dark alley to quickly read the message.

Boss suddenly called for me. Coffee soon.

Breathing a sigh of relief, she decided to send her a quick reply. Well she hope for now Ji-hyeon won't talk to anyone about her and Joohyuk.

She wanted to banged her head on the steering wheel upon realizing of how stupid she was to allow Ji-hyeon ruined the mood with Joohyuk. Although he must know the Ji-hyeon situation, she didn't want to tell him just yet. Not until it's fixed. She felt guilty about it, Joohyuk had to even offer her his car for a non-existent emergency. She wanted to send an apology to Joohyuk, however she didn't know his number.

"Suzy-ah! Eottoke, neomu hae! How could you!?" she scolded herself, sinking deeper into the guilt hole.

~•~•~•~•~•~

Suzy started to skim when the article kept just repeating words like exceptionally handsome and gorgeous to describe him and find herself drawn to the last paragraph which briefly touches on his private life. Joohyuk was an only child and very close to his mother which made her soft as not many men could publicly declare their love for their mothers. She was also fascinated on how he genuinely shared about his family struggles when he was young. A humble soul, she thought and smiled. The article finished by making a witty comment about Joohyuk's work dedication and impeccable reputation as a rising young actor despite his stunning visual.

She roll her eyes, stunning visual - color her shocked. "Of course he's more than just an eye candy."

Suzy woke up the next morning groggy with Joohyuk's lips on top of hers as the magazine sprawled open across her face, obviously having fallen asleep during a re-read. Wanting to make a good impression after the debacle of last night. She take a quick steaming shower, trying to shake off the hot images of him but miserably failed.

_____________

Strutting in from the living room, Gayeon was smiley as she addressed Suzy. "That's hot. Seeing Nam Joohyuk on your bed."

Suzy glared at her best friend before throwing the magazine on her. "Shut up."

Gayeon laughed, having fun on teasing Suzy. "Daebak. He has this innocent face but at the same time he is as sexy as hell. How to have him, Suzy-ya?!"

"Ya! You can have him!"

"Jinjja? I can have Nam Joohyuk?" she teased, playfully raising her eyebrows.

Suzy chuckled. "The magazine, not him."

"Wae? Because you like him?"

"Ah jinjja. Aniya. He's a person, not some kind of  trophy so andwae you can't have him psssh."