41 || the city of light

Start from the beginning

"The flame will protect me. I don't know how I know, I just... know," I stammered.

"I believe you," Clarke spoke up, handing me the chip. It was nice to know at least someone trusted me.

"Do you even know what you're looking for?" Abby asked.

"I'll know when I find it," I reassured the older woman. I looked to Bellamy, who was torn. He reluctantly nodded and kneeled down, giving me a soft kiss on the forehead.

"May we meet again," He said.

"Stop being sappy, Bell Pepper. We're gonna meet again."

Clarke held the chip in front of my mouth, feeding it to me. I swallowed it and shut my eyes. It tasted gross, first of all. And it was way too big for me to swallow without chewing. I coughed a couple times as it went down, my eyes falling shut.

I opened my eyes and I was not in the throne room anymore. It was a bit colder. I was in a huge city. It reminded me of all the books I used to read about the pre-war world. I was on a road. It was raining. I was a bit overwhelmed by my surroundings. 

I walked around and noticed a man in a hat and a large coat behind me. Was he following me? I broke into a jog and was suddenly in a busy crowd. I bumped into multiple people but they didn't seem to see me. It was like I was invisible.

I looked across the road and saw... Jasper? What was he doing here? He walked right past me. They couldn't see me. None of them could. I watched Jasper as he sat down on a red bench, eating an ice cream cone. I stood directly in front of him, yet he didn't see me.

"Tahlia..." I heard a faint voice whisper. "Tahlia..." I looked up and on a traffic light, an infinity symbol was placed. The sacred symbol. I went toward it but suddenly, the green light turned to a red hand, signaling to stop. I came to a halt and noticed a woman walking past me. Her hair was styled with the sacred symbol. It was a long shot, but I just had a gut feeling.

I followed her. She was a sign. It had to be. I kept following her until suddenly, all eyes turned to me. They saw me.

I ran. Everyone started following me. Every direction I turned, a group of people walked toward me. I ran toward some stairs, it was the only way I could go. Of course, just my luck, I managed to trip over one of the steps, sending me to faceplant on the concrete.

That gave a group of three people the opportunity to start kicking me and beating me up. I got up to fight against them but it was three people who couldn't feel pain against one little kid. A battle cry broke through our fight as the three people who were beating me up had their throats slit and fell to the ground.

Lexa.

"Lexa?" I asked in disbelief. She sent me a smirk before fighting off the other people. She killed about twelve people within no more than ten seconds. She ran over to me and helped me up.

She engulfed me in a a hug. We looked behind us to see more people heading towards us. We ran off. I was in shock at how she was here. 

"I thought you were dead," I panted as we stopped to rest on some stairs.

"I see my spirit chose wisely. Heda," Lexa smiled. Suddenly, the sky started to change.

"What's happening?" I asked.

"A.L.I.E knows you're here. She's uploading the flame from your mind. Your mind is changing things," Lexa explained. "Day turns to night. It rains. We have to hurry." 

I nodded and got up.

"Listen to me. Now the upload has begun, A.L.I.E's people will be able to see us. We need to be more careful," Lexa advised. I looked around to see they weren't already there.