~Becca's Island~

"It'll be okay. We'll find a way and I promise I'll keep you two safe." He whispered beneath his breath, not wanting anybody to understand what he was saying to her. Not that anyone was listening anyway, but he couldn't risk it.

~~~

It took ages for her to calm down, but they didn't have such a long time for her to do so on the spot and so Roan had picked her up and brought her inside the rover with him.

She couldn't even say goodbye to Bellamy when they took off which upset her even more. She knew he was needed elsewhere, but she at least wanted to hug him and tell him a proper goodbye. It felt wrong leaving her best friend like this. She had so many things she wanted to tell him still and she hated herself for not doing so sooner. Perhaps it was just better to take her secrets into the grave with her.... time to tell was long gone..

Arriving shortly after they took off, Meave sat on a tree trunk to rest after she did her part in moving the fuel. Roan was in the meantime lifting the last one off the truck and walked inside with the barrel, Meave following because she didn't want to be left alone on an island unfamiliar to her. She had no idea who or what lived there and she didn't want to find out either.

The bunker was mostly white with blue, having this futuristic tone to it that made her think back about a better version of the Ark. Everything was also surprisingly still neatly maintained. The equipment all worked, even the electrical wires and screens were completely intact.

Meave guessed the bunker door had been tightly shut off so no pest or animals could get inside and damage the tools.

Walking through the long boring hallways, Roan eventually stopped in front of two glass doors with a code lock. Clarke didn't warn about the storage room having a code to unlock....

"Seriously....?" Meave sighed, helping Roan in putting the fuel down carefully before she glanced into the room. The storage room was filled with stored food and boxes of reserve electrical tools.

People wanted to use this place as a real survival bunker.

"I can go ask Clarke?" Roan shrugged and leaned against the locked doors.

"You've been dragging around all those barrels all day long. I'll go." Meave kissed his cheek and smiled, heading for the stairs to go to Clarke and her mom before he could stop her. She wasn't going to let him do everything.

"We have no choice." Meave could hear Clarke say as she walked down the stairs to their level, stopping in her tracks as she noticed the grounder Emori eavesdropping on Clarke and Abby too.

She didn't care much though and walked further down, waving at Clarke. "What's the storage code?!"

"E4R7h!" Clarke responded quickly and Meave held a thumbs up to confirm she heard her and that she could continue her conversation.

"Oh hey, Meave." Jackson smiled while putting a small test tube in its holder, watching her come back up the stairs."

"Hey." She smiled back sweetly and watched Emori pretend like she just walked from a different room to not blow her cover she had been eavesdropping on Clarke.

"I'm heading up to the house." She shrugged while walking past them, also walking a few steps down the stairs so Abby and Clarke could hear her too. "Does anyone want anything while I'm up there?"

Emori's voice was unsteady, sounding upset even. Perhaps it was about something she heard earlier? Meave had no idea, but whatever Clarke and her mom were talking about back then did seem very important.

"No, we're good. Thank you." Everyone thanked her for offering and she walked up the few steps until Abby stopped her.

"Hold on. Honey, you should go with her." She whispered to her daughter and Meave was thinking about coming along too. She first had to discuss it with Roan however because she had no idea if he felt like it was a good idea and if he wanted to come along too. If everyone was going there, staying here would be more peaceful and quiet.

"No. I just got here. I want to be here with you and help." Clarke shook her head quickly and Meave understood why she wanted to stay, she wanted to help her mother who had been through a lot already and not leave her behind again.

"There is nothing for you to help me with right now. It'll be 5 hours before the samples are even ready to be tested. Ok. Go, take a shower, and we'll figure this out when you get back. Go." Abby nudged at Emori and Clarke sighed.

"I'll lower the drones." Meave could hear Jackson say and then faced Meave. "By the way, Meave, Abby wants to speak to you after you finish helping the king."

Her face didn't budge and slowly she nodded. "I'll make sure I'm back soon."

"Good, because I don't think it is a good idea to talk about it out loud." He smiled and went back to lowering the drones, her heart starting to beat faster.

Did they know about her blood...?

Did they know about their child...?

Or was it simply something about Bellamy and Kane...?

Quickly she started to make her way back to Roan, feeling anxious and dizzy.