"That long, really?" He nodded. "Do you have any idea why I'm the only one that seems to be able to do anything with it?" That was the most confusing part. He shook his head, letting out a long, somewhat stressed sounding sigh. While I was merely confused, Ezra had been worried about this for a while now. After everything we've been through together, and all the drama that surrounded either of our lives at any given moment, I knew he was afraid of anything being the thing that makes one of our lives finally give.

"I wish I knew Little One, I wish I knew." As much as I wanted to do something to help him, I knew he wouldn't feel any better until we figured out what this book was, and why it was reacting to me the way it was.

"Why don't I send it to a witch friend of mine, she'd the most powerful one I know and might be able to figure a thing or two out about it." I thought about little Davina, Ethan probably wouldn't mind taking it to her, seeing her and Marcel again.

"If you think it'll help go for it, just be careful though. I don't know how it'll react to a witch's magic." I nodded, agreeing in that sense to be careful with who I hand the book to.

After a while of spending time with him, I had to leave. Nik wanted me to play peacekeeper at the dinner he was having with the Salvatore's tonight. It turns out Damon wanted Elijah to take part in another plot against the originals, specifically Nik. My lovely husband however had a much different idea for how the night was going to go down.

*****************************************

"Hello, Damon. Stefan." I greeted both brothers with a tight lipped smile, both having played a part in Rebekah getting daggered very quickly pissing me off. Both of them nodded in my direction, Damon's previously sarcastic smile turned downward slightly. "Hello my lovely husband." My smile turned real when his eyes lit up as I walked towards him to the seat that was saved for me.

"Hello my lovely wife." The Salvatore's shared a look at our greetings, obviously no one else got the memo. Elijah on the other hand smiled seeing us, he had seen Nik at his worst, and told me he was only ever his best when he was with me. This moment alone gave me hope as he grabbed a hold of my hands and pulled me in for a kiss, resting his forehead onto mine not paying attention to anyone else.

After a while of Stefan and Damon going back and forth between Eli and Nik, the deal was beginning to be discussed finally. I didn't think I could take another second of Nik talking about some doppelganger he used to love, no matter how many times he assured me it was nothing like what he felt with me, I knew he was only saying that so I didn't rip one of his girls heads off.

Obviously Damon and Stefons deal consisted of Elena and them staying in Mystic falls, while the original family and the newly returned coffins stayed anywhere but here for the rest of their existence. I was slightly surprised when Damon said I was now included in the banned from the Falls group, as my allegiances were now perfectly clear. He had said something along the lines of "you've picked your side", to which I promptly rolled my eyes.

Damon had just left with Elijah to "go get the coffins" after Nik made a show of almost burning Stefan alive. Nik and I both knew that Damon and Eli would come back with the daggers pulled from his siblings, and they would most likely try to attack him. Which is exactly what happened.

Kol came out first, not even noticing me, and stabbed Nik straight through the hand with his dagger. "Hello, brother. Long time no see."

Finn, or who I assumed was Finn, was next, coming up with a dagger from behind. He didn't even say anything, his anger for the brother that locked him in a coffin for over 900 years seeped out of every fiber of his being.

Rebekah was the last, she was the only one that noticed me and gave me a nasty glare probably thinking I had something to do with her being daggered. Her dagger went straight through his heart.