xix. dessert in the dark

Start from the beginning

"well because php is known for refactoring. so, i like that it's a duplicate code detector with a built in rest client. with its debugging features, it makes it easier for me to inspect variables and user-defined watches while debug a page in multiple sessions simultaneously," i rambled as bit the inside of my cheek while keeping my eyes fixated on mr. bine.

after i finished my small lecture to why i preferred a specific coding plugin, i watched as mr. bine's face change. his facial expression went from uninterested to nearly jaw dropped in nearly five seconds. it was adamant that he was shocked to hear how much comprehension i had about coding, so i smiled to myself out of satisfaction.

"you know your stuff, boy," mr. bine began as he furrowed his eyebrows. "i like the fact that you know a lot about code coverage in phpunit. i might have to keep you around," the man bellowed with a slight smile. i mentally sighed out out of relief and slouched slightly in my chair out of satisfaction.

"oh, trust me, dad. i think george is going to be staying around for awhile," angel asserted as she looked over to me with a warm smile. my heart began melting to the sight of her smile and her kind words, she always knew the right words to say in every situation.

"that's so sweet, angel. you two get along so well," mrs. bine beamed before she took another bite of her shepherd's pie.

"yeah, i think so too," i simply replied while smiling back at angel. i never broke eye contact with her, since i strongly knew that her eyes were notorious for getting lost in.

angel finally diverted her eyes away from mine after a few seconds to chime, "mum, dad. may we be excused from the table? i think george and i are full."

"sure, honey. just make sure to both put your dishes in the sink before you two leave," her dad pointed out.

"will do," i simply blurted as i stood up from the dining table with angel.

as we both exited the dining area into the kitchen, angel and i held our dishes with laughter. "i cannot believe you got along with them so well!" angel bubbled while flashing me another bright smile.

"you think so? i think i got all worked up around your dad though," i contested as i took angel's dishes away from her and placed them in the sink in front of us.

after putting the plates down, i placed both my arms around her waist and twisted her around so that her back was against my chest. as i continued holding her tightly with a loving embrace, i watched angel purse her lips outward. "don't worry about him. he's always like that. but i'm so glad you met my parents, cutie. i don't think you understand," she ecstatically declared while swaying back in forth in my arms.

i watched angel looked over her shoulder to see my response, "i'm glad i met them too. it's nice to finally consider us exclusive, you know? you are my girl after all," i softly vocalized before placing a gentle kiss on her forehead.

- angel's pov -

for the past hour, george and i had been sitting on my couch watching a few episodes of the great british bake off, which apparently was his secret favorite show. at the moment, george slouched at the corner of the couch with his back against the edge of the cushion. i, on the other hand, were laying on top of him and had my back against him with my head rested on his chest. i could hear his heartbeat into my ear whilst george's arms laid at my shoulders. as he had both of his arms wrapped around my entire being, i felt his chest rise and fall due to his breathing; having him so close to me made me feel safe and comfortable at the same time. as for my hands, my fingers were interlaced with his own where both our hands rested on my chest. while the baking show was playing in the background, our legs were additionally crossed together on top of one other; nearly every inch of our bodies were connected in contact through some type of way.