The seemingly stagnant time finally came to an end as Hermione came crashing into Ellie's arm, embracing her tightly. The Gryffindor broke into a sob on Ellie's shoulder, kneeling at her side as her arms were flung over Ellie's shoulders. Ellie sunk into Hermione's arms, and in that moment, tears returned to her eyes, falling on the Gryffindor's sweater. The moment was bliss, and their reunion was long awaited.

"Ellie, darling... I'm here now. I'm here," Hermione reassured through her cries.

Hermione's voice only brought another wave of tears upon Ellie, her body trembling in her arms. Having felt Ellie's reaction, Hermione only clutched her girlfriend tighter, stroking her matted hair.

"Shh, my love. You're okay. You're safe with me," Hermione whispered through her quivering breaths as her other hand rubbed her girlfriend's back gently.

Hermione pulled away temporarily, the tears staining her cheeks. She readjusted herself to sit more comfortably, accidentally grazing her hand across Ellie's arm, causing her to wince and suck her teeth loudly.

A pang of worry overcame the Gryffindor as she immediately darted her eyes to Ellie's arms. Much to Ellie's dismay, Hermione brought the sleeve up of her girlfriend's tattered clothing, gasping at the sight. Her eyes scanned the wounds quickly, in which she frantically lifted the other sleeve, revealing similar carvings.

"I'm okay," Ellie spoke, her throat itchy from the torture she had endured at the manor. "Don't worry about me, okay? I'm fine."

"Who did this to you?" Hermione demanded, her eyes unable to peel themselves from the word repeatedly etched into Ellie's skin.

"Bellatrix," Ellie answered reluctantly, flinching at speaking her name as she painfully rolled the sleeves of her clothing back down to cover the wounds.

"I'm going to bloody kill her," Hermione spat angrily, earning a disappointed frown from her girlfriend.

"Don't, please. I'm alive. Besides, she's not worth your magic," Ellie reasoned, shaking her head at the sudden darkness that overcame her girlfriend.

"Her death will be worth every bit of my magic. I can't let her live knowing what she did to you," Hermione growled, glancing at Ellie's covered arms.

Hermione's expression suddenly became softer as she finally took in Ellie's appearance. Her clothes were dirty and tattered as her tangled waves fell at her shoulders, her fingernails harboring dirt from her time in the cellar. Her eyes seemed to be sunken from the lack of sleep, her body just beginning to grow thin from the food scraps she had lived off on.

"I'm so sorry, darling," Hermione gasped lightly, bringing her hand to cup Ellie's cheek, rubbing it over with her thumb. "I'm sorry I didn't find a way to you sooner. And I'm sorry-"

"I'm sorry, too," Ellie interrupted, earning a confused expression from Hermione. "I would've returned to you like I promised. But they forced me to stay there, and I couldn't do anything."

"No, no. Don't apologize, my love. I should've been the one to get you back. I really have been trying, you know. Bill and Fleur's collection of books aren't exactly the most expansive, and there wasn't much about breaking your girlfriend out of the 'Death Eater Convention'."

A smile played among Ellie's lips as she watched her girlfriend talk, basking in her presence. In the weeks of her absence, Ellie always longed for Hermione, the mental image being the only thing from keeping her sane as she was tortured.

"Why are you smiling?" Hermione sniffled, slowing her speech to a stop as she examined Ellie's expression.

"I'm just happy to see you, that's all," Ellie replied warmly, her teasing smirk returning to her cheeks. "Told you I'd make it back alive to marry you."

Hermione's lips curled into a smile, a deep red blush forming on her cheeks. She placed a loving kiss on Ellie's forehead, lingering her lips on the skin for a second longer.

"Let's get you inside, okay?" Hermione cooed gently.

Ellie nodded, wincing as Hermione helped her rise to her feet. Pain shot through Ellie's entire body with every movement, causing Hermione to only feel more helpless.

"It's okay, darling. Take it easy... one step at a time. There's no rush," Hermione eased as she slowly helped her girlfriend stand straight.

Hermione brought Ellie's arm to wrap over her shoulder, holding it in place with her own hand. The Gryffindor then wrapped her arm around Ellie's waist, supporting it as they hobbled back to the cottage, wet sand sticking on their clothing.

For the first time in weeks, they were happy. The overwhelming bliss of Ellie's return saved Hermione from actions far worse the Hufflepuff could ever imagine.