Chapter 13: Eloise James

Start from the beginning

"You run back to the snow and don't come back unless it's for business."

"And why the fuck would I agree to that?"

"Because you love her and her opinion of you matters. You were ready to end that moron Roman just for insinuating that she'd never be with you"

"How the fu- right you have people everywhere. Do Elijah and Asher know you have people trailing them as well?"

"No they don't. So back to the point. You'll leave or I'll tell her your dirty little secret."

"And what if I make the choice to tell her myself"

"Please don't try to play a player son. Do you think she'll even be able to look at you when she knows the real reason you hate your name? Do you think she'll stay when she finds out about Dimitriy Razrushitel?"
(Dimitri the Destroyer)

"I AM NOTHING LIKE MY FATHER!" I tried to calm myself before speaking again. I knew she was trying to get to me and damn it if I wasn't playing right into her fucking hand. "I've always been nothing more than his bastard. The son of a whore he used until he killed her. We share a name nothing more. If I could cut his blood out of me I would."

I roll up my sleeve and show her the scar on my wrist.

"Trust me I've tried before. I love her and I know she loves me. What happened with my father and hers has nothing to do with either of us."

"Maybe...but he is the one responsible for the downfall of her childhood. If your father hadn't tortured and killed my poor Vincenzo she never would've been in milian...Her mother never would've met that horrible man...what was his name?"

Fuck she definitely knew more than she should've.

"Now he was Marco when KarriLynn knew him...but what was his real name? Oh yeah...Ivan Korol. I heard his Italian was flawless. I guess it must've been to trick my idiot of daughter in law to fall for him. He was a cousin of your father if I'm not mistaken. Which I hardly am by the way."

"WHY? WHAT DO YOU GET OUT OF DOING THIS TO ME?" I yell

"I already told you. I want you gone. Stay away from her and she'll never have to know. I won't let her be drug off to fucking Russia to be the lover of the Devil's heir. I won't have you ruin her."

"She loves me."

"Maybe but she'll have her family to help her get over you. Then eventually she won't care at all."

"You hate me that much that you'd break your own granddaughters heart just to get her away from me?"

"You still think this is about you? I'd have to care about you and I definitely do not. This is about keeping my sons only child away from the monsters that tried to destroy her and murdered him. So do you love her enough to break her heart? Or do you think she'll be able to still look at you the same when she finds out not only did your father kill hers...but you knew and didn't tell her. If there's one thing my KarriLynn can't stand is a liar. How will you explain it? Will you tell her you kept the truth from her for her own good? To protect her? Or have you realized she'll know you did it to save your own ass knowing she'll leave you the moment she hears it?"

"I-"

"Exactly. We both know I'm right. So here's your chance before she falls to far. Leave and don't come back."

"What about you? How do you think it'll go when she finds out you did all this?"

"What I did was protect her...her whole life...after all the shit your fucked up family did to her. I have sacrificed way more than you'll ever know to make her into the woman she is. And I won't have the likes of you turning her into some weak willed woman who starts fights because someone almost touched her boyfriend."

"I can't do what your asking me to do"

"You don't really have a choice. Either leave or tell her the truth. You have until the end of today to make your choice. Which do you think will end worse?" With that she stood up and walked out of the door.

I feel my phone vibrate and look to see it's a text from KarriLynn

I can't do this to KarriLynn.

I can't live without her. I should've told her the  truth the moment I came home.

Eloise is right.

I didn't tell her because I knew she'd hate me if she knew about the connection between our families. I wanna believe she loves me enough to not see me as nothing more than...well just what Eloise called me The Devils Heir. I love KarriLynn more than I've ever loved anything.

Maybe I have to face the truth that I'm really not good enough for her.
She deserves to be happy.
I want her to be happy....

Even if it's not with me

🥲
Since I didn't give y'all Chapter 12 on time here's Chapter 13