..⃗. EPISODE ONE, PART FOUR

Start from the beginning

⸝⸝ RIN ⸃ !!
I sincerely hope that today was just a bad day. I expect a lot from MIDNIGHT dancers, and will be expecting improvements from you.

⸝⸝ MINJI ⸃ !!
You need to work on your flow. Your dance was awkward and choppy and your use of the chair seemed to hinder you, rather than contribute to the performance.

⸝⸝ MINJI ⸃ !!
Your vocals were not outstanding either. Instead of singing, you were mumbling, and I could barely hear you at times. Despite being a dance-vocal trainee, you tried to bring rap into your performance. While I think your rap was the best aspect of this performance, it was nothing extraordinary either.

⸝⸝ MINJI ⸃ !!
The whole thing was just that: average. Below average even. I could not spot a single "wow" factor in your performance. As a dance-vocal trainee, please stick to pieces that properly showcase your talents. I'm severely disappointed.

RYUJIN hesitantly picks up the microphone to give the trainee her comments.

⸝⸝ RYUJIN ⸃ !!
JUNGHWAN-ssi...

RYUJIN then takes a moment to phrase her comments in her head. After a brief silence, she speaks again.

⸝⸝ RYUJIN ⸃ !!
You claim to be a dance-vocal trainee, but the only truly redeeming part of your performance was the rap. Your dancing was tense, rather than getting into the song it felt like you were barely brushing the surface. Your vocal parts were mumbled and unclear as well, please take the time to monitor yourself more before your next performance, I want to believe you can do better than this.

With the mentors already done with their comments, JUNGHWAN bows down apologetically to thank them for their time, before going back to sit with the trainees.

Despite his disappointment, he still tries to force a smile on his face as the trainees around him attempt to console him.

⸝⸝ YEJUN ⸃ !!
(pats his back) Hyung, don't beat yourself over it...you did your best.

These emphatic gestures catch MINHO's attention, and he discreetly mouths "It'll be okay" to a very disappointed-looking JUNGHWAN.

┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈
. . .➴ 𝙋.𝙀𝙍𝙎𝙊𝙉𝘼𝙇 𝙄𝙉𝙏𝙀𝙍𝙑𝙄𝙀𝙒𝙎

⸝⸝ MINHO ⸃ !!
Were the mentors a little harsh? Of course! But I can sincerely tell you that we just want the best for the trainees.

⸝⸝ MINHO ⸃ !!
While we recognize that he may have worked very hard for his performance, the truth is that the audience doesn't care about what goes on behind the scenes. They only care about the final product. If it was bad, we have to be honest--rather than sugar-coating it--and point out areas he did wrong. That way, he'll only be able to improve.

┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈ ┈

⸝⸝ MINJI ⸃ !!
Who's next?

MINHO looks down at the list of boys in front of him, pressured to choose one quickly under MINJI's heavy gaze.

⸝⸝ MINHO ⸃ !!
Uhh- SON JUNHYEON!

⸝⸝ MINHO ⸃ !!Uhh- SON JUNHYEON!