twelve

Victoria Hunt

Victoria Hunt

As we stepped into the car Damon smacked Wyatt upside the head with a glare.

"What were you thinking buying her that dress. Do you even know how many creepy teenage boys we'll have to fight off now?" He looked at me then dissaprovingly at Wyatt who only smirked in response.

He had a knowing expression on his face and I didn't really want to know what he was going to say next. But of course, it's Wyatt and he decided to tell the entire family. What a lovey brother right?

"I think she might do that herself, " He tapped his chin thoughtfully, "After all its clear there's only one guy she's interested in." He finished with a grin.

Avoid eye contact and look like you have no idea what your brother is talking about.

"Victoria?" Alex questioned from the drivers seat while my father stayed quiet, staring out the window next to him.

"Yeah, what's up?" I asked with a small smile.

Play dumb and you'll make it through dinner alive, hopefully.

He looked at me through the rear view mirror with a frown before glancing back at Damon and Wyatt who were arguing amongst themselves. His eyes returned to the road ahead and I hoped he wouldn't question further.

"We forgot to tell you that this evening won't just be us, we'll be meeting with a few business partners." He told me and my face fell. I wasn't happy with my father, not at all but I wanted a chance to get to know him after 17 years.

Happy birthday, don't the brothers have exceptional plans for today?

I inwardly rolled my eyes at the waste of space inner voice and sighed.

Someone placed a hand on my shoulder and I looked at Callan who was looking at me with a sad smile. I guess he wanted time to know our father too. After all he would've only been two when he left. At least I thought he left, that was what Alex had told me.

Me and Callan has never been the closest but in a way I was glad to have someone else who felt the same way. Wyatt and Damon didn't seem fazed by the fact tonight wouldn't be about having father children bonding time.

"It's fine." I breathed out and Alex sent me another glance.

Another question I had was why I was being taken to business meetings all of a sudden. I didn't know the first thing about them other than when me and Wyatt had intense staring competitions to see who could have the last chocolate bars.

Eventually, after a tense drive we pulled up to the restaurant which was a rooftop one. As we walked up the stairs I noticed the restaurant was quite full but I saw someone familiar sitting at the back.

Our father spoke to the waiter and the man led us to a long table at the back of the room before leaving.

So it was someone familiar.