Chapter Ten: The Potter Twins' Birthday

Start from the beginning

Anyway, Whitley had sent Severus a detailed letter of the investigation, Sunday Evening, just before Hermione was due back at the Grangers. There was enough evidence to remove Hermione from the Grangers' care permanently. Some injuries in Hermione's youth were from a nudge that caused Hermione to land wrong. Then there was them refusing to take her to a Doctor's practice because they went private. It would cost them a lot. To top that off; the stress, missed meals and exhaustion of Hermione's workload could be linked to her weakened Immune System. The Grangers had signed over their rights to Severus. They never wanted Hermione and were glad she wasn't coming back.

Severus was tasked with telling Hermione the news. Hermione was secretly glad she wouldn't have to return to the Grangers. She didn't let it show too much, though.

Anyway, Hermione living with Severus full-time was better. He wouldn't need to make up an excuse for Hermione to come to the Manor on Tuesday for the party. Harry was also glad Hermione would be living with them too. He would have someone his age to hang out with.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~DILB~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

31st July 1994

The party was to start at 12:00 sharp. Severus had received responses from everyone who were coming. Which was about 95% of the invitees. He only invented those who have children in Hogwarts and are in the Twins' social circle, no lower than a Baronetcy. However, he informs the other families (without children around the Potters age) why they weren't invited. It wasn't out of spite. The invites contained; a dress code, semi-formal; a shirt and trousers for the boys, dresses or a skirt and blouse for the girls.

The elves had done a great job of setting up the garden. Everything was perfect, multiple white tables and chairs, some under gazebos and some in the sun. There was a long buffet table, so guests can pick and choose food after it was served at 2 Pm. The elves had cleaned out the pond to make sure it was crystal, and the koi were clear to see. There was also lots of space for everyone to branch off into groups without feeling cramped. Then there was an ice feature in the middle of the buffet table of a stag and doe to honour the twins' parents. It had a Cooling Charm and Status Charm to ensure it wouldn't melt until the party was over.

The elves had also rearranged the sitting room with the double glass doors to the garden. This would allow anyone to sit inside where it was colder. However, the room would only hold 20 people at most, and only half would be able to sit. Unless they really crammed in.

Severus left the elves to finish and went to get ready. He also told Namy and Harbey to get the Potter's ready. Then asked Hizzy to inform Black to behave and be presentable. Black was such a child and almost was kicked out of the Manor multiple times.

Severus changed into black trousers, a white shirt, a black waistcoat and black button boots. He left his top shirt button undone and added his Prince Crest cufflinks to his shirt. To top it all off, Severus put on the Prince Lordship ring. He didn't wear it as much as he should, but working with potions every day could damage the ring long-term.

The Prince Crest was a dark green shield with gold trim. In the Center was an Imperial Wreath Crown made of golden leaves. The Motto isn't on the cufflinks, but it's Pugnare Aut Opus, Parati Sumus. Meaning: To Fight or Work, We Are Ready.

Severus then went back downstairs to wait for the duo. To his delight, they were already dressed and waiting for him. Severus nodded his approval at them. Harry wore a dark purple shirt with the sleeves rolled to his elbows, and the top button was undone. The shirt was tucked into black trousers, and he wore smart black muggle shoes. Harry also wore a black waistcoat, and his hair was neat. Additionally, he is wearing the Potter's heir ring on his right ring finger, and the Fleamont Scion ring and Evan's heir ring had merged with it. The Peverell ring on his right index finger. The Gryffindor Heir ring on his right middle finger and the Slytherin Heir ring had fused with it, as did the Grant ring. Then the Ermys Scion ring was on his left index finger, and the Pendragon Scion ring was on his left middle finger.