Chapter 13: Ravika Black Market

Start from the beginning

"Wat, why didn't you tell me?" I felt a huge anger bloom in my chest. 
Sarawat looked miserable. "Tine, I'm sorry. I didn't know how to tell you."
I just nodded and gazed at Lee. "We're in the middle of something, tell me more next time, Wat. Whole honesty." I stormed off from Lee's stall. 

Khai POV

The bar reminded me the time Arthit and I went on investigating about Shadow curses. There was a crocodile skinned humanoid strumming on an electric guitar. Demons sitting on the table, having a conversation and drinking beer. Some leaned forward, whispering in their ears.  A trail of faint laughter clung to the buff demons wearing leather jackets.

We sat on the counter. Giving lowkey looks at them. "Drinks?" The bartender offered. He had two small white horns sticking out his black hair.
"No thank you." I said.

"One of you must speak your talents with the boss." the demon was back. 
The three of us exchange glances. Nobody really knows who runs this bar. Arthit raised his hand and volunteered. Since he was wearing a long cloak. He disappeared into the curtains. "We're gonna find Pytro." I whispered to Third.

Arthit POV 

In the center of the room was a large circular sofa that seemed to be all over the place. With glowing red LED lights on the ceiling, there were expensive wines prepared on the mahogany table. 

Sitting at the sofas, was a man around his late thirties. He had a pale complexion, straight black hair, and long fingers encased the wine glass.  He was dressed in black jeans, bow tie around his casual white shirt.

"Hello, young man. Have a seat." He pointed at the sofa across me. "So, the vampire told me you were looking for a job."

He didn't seem to recognize me at all. So, I had to play well otherwise our plan would fall. Third and Khai must find Pytro soon. 

"Yes." I said.
"What's your name, boy?" He asked.
I shifted uncomfortably on my seat. Trying to find a name that he would hunt down the wrong person. "A-Alex."

"Alex. Hmm. My name is Berigon. From the look on your face, it looks like you already know what I am."

My heart was thundering and it took me all my willpower not to slip. "Y-yes sir."
Berigon took a sip from the wine glass. "Perhaps, you've never been scared of Ancient demons. In the hierarchy of evil. Satan, Arkan, Pytro are the oldest hellgods. Although Satan is a fallen angel. In fact, the Arkan and Pytro are counterparts of the multiverse gods. Their world? It's in eternal chaos. They couldn't enter this realm unless they possess a body. This earth...has been blessed by the templars."

Templars? "Are there more hellgods in the multiverse? Why do they even exist in the first place?"
I was waiting for Berigon to hit me or turn me into dust but he just smiled with deep interest. "Curious little one, to maintain the order of the universe. Of course. In Greeks, we have Hades to guard the underworld, Pluto his roman counterpart. In Egyptian we have Anubis. They're gods of the afterlife. But gods like Set, a god of chaos. It might be an understatement, others believed he is a villain, but you might misunderstand the concept of some hellgods."

Are all hellgods bad? I thought. "How do you know so much?"
"I am an ancient demon. I am the first legion in Hell. Satan's former friend. Pytro let me run this bar for over two centuries." Berigon said.
My fingers went cold. "Are you saying that you're thousand years old?"

"I thought you're here for a job?"
 "Me and my...friends venture and we find ourselves in need of wage." I tried to be as formal. 

"Wouldn't it be awesome if this venture of yours will go beyond what you have dreamed? I guess you are that poor." Berigon locked eyes with me. "That tells me of your status, Alex. But what if I turn you into a demon?"

"I don't think, you wouldn't have to do it." I tensed. 

"The time is upon us. The end of days will come."

"What's the end of days?" I asked. Knot mentioned it too. 
"Ugh. That pathetic prophecy is gonna make me vomit." Berigon glowered. "But yes, it is the time when demons will roam the earth forever. All humanity is gone. I don't know what's even going on in the dark lord's mind, why he was chosen."

"Stop this act!" A man's voice rang. I scurried off to the side. Pytro was on the door, he had his hands mussed into Third's hair, forcing him to kneel on the floor. 

Khai wasn't with him. "Arthit Rodgers." He laughed without humor. "So, you have deceived the entire legion. I knew the demon slayers are here too. Actually, all of your sad little family."

"He is the Shadow Curse?" Berigon asked Pytro incredulously. Promptly, Berigon was armed with a one meter scepter. 
"Indeed, General Berigon." The hellgod said. 

 Non appeared next to Pytro with his spatial magic. He had a sword pointed at Pytro's neck, gleaming against the red lights.

"Son, what are you doing?" Pytro said. 
"You're not my father." Non sneered. "The whole Disaro family already knew who you are."
"Trust me, this is me!" Pytro spun and pointed at his face. "How can you believe  Arthit? He is just manipulating you so our bloodline will meet its end! So, the Aetherius or any royal family would have a chance to be a wizard king."

"Mom once told me...Dad wasn't after the rankings among the royals." Non said. " If people would choose him to be king. He will. By their vote. Now you know the difference."

Non tricking a hellgod of Trickster? I wanted to laugh but this was not the place for it. Pytro swung his arm over Non, knocking him off. A primal surge of power coursing through me. I felt the shadow curse mark crawling over my arm. 

 Small sparks of celestial light ignited half of my body. I was completely in control of my sanity when using my Shadow curse power. Khai burst into the room. He exposed light magic which made Pytro's grip lose from Third's hair. Khai wedged his knees against his rib cage. I encased Non and the others in a Celestial barrier twice their size.

"Hellgods, demons." I glared at Pytro."We're all the same. But I will protect this world."

Pytro hadn't had time to react as I blast off the room.

Tine POV

"Tine!" Sarawat grabbed my wrist and spun me around. I staggered on his chest. Closing the gap between us. 
Our lips almost touching. Sarawat was keeping secrets.
"Do you trust me?" He searched my eyes.
"How can I? You always leave me hanging."

Then the apartment building exploded behind him. The falling debris killed some demons and dark wizards that were on the run in our direction.
Sarawat shielded me from the small stampede going on. He resisted not to let go. His grip on my shoulder was already aching. Our eyes didn't break off.
Pete and Kao stopped at us. Everybody rushed through portals as demons swarm the plaza.  "Well, well,well!" Sarawat walked a few steps and tilted his head to the night sky, his fangs showing. "This is just wonderful!"