"See, you would think that." You shrug, letting his hands fall between you two. "But the show is already playing fast and loose with science in general, so."

"I am legitimately so confused right now."

You sigh, patting him on the shoulder. "Me too, buddy."

"I just—"

"Honey." You stifle a giggle. "No combination of words will make any of this make any more sense than it already does."

"I know, but—"

"Listen, if you ask me any more questions, we'll start having to deal with more time travel bullshit then we'll already have to."

He sighs. "Okay, I'm dropping it."

You nod, already feeling the sting of guilt. "But, hey," you nudge with your shoulder teasingly, "if it makes you feel any better, you definitely got the most sugar than your brothers."

He blinks. "What does that have anything to do with that?"

"Compensation? I dunno." You pull your legs under you. "Just trying to make up for the fact that it's really not a good idea for me to give out too much info about an uncertain future."

There is an awkward pause.

"So," Donatello asks gently, "if you don't mind me asking, you said you died, right?"

You nod.

"So, uh, how did you...?"

"House fire."

He blinks. "You... you remember—?"

"Yup." You chuckle tightly. "Every excruciating detail."

He tenses slightly. "I'm sorry."

You sigh. "Don't be. Not your fault." 'My fault, actually.'

He rests his head on his hand. After a pause, "Do you know, then?"

"Know what?"

"You know, what happens after."

You shake your head. "I blacked out and now I'm here. I'm guessing you don't run into a ton of people like me."

He cracks a smile. "I don't really run into a ton of people period."

You try to help lighten this stifling mod you have created. "Well, I'm glad your first introduction to humanity proper is through some psycho pseudo-Cassandra."

"Less Cassandra and more just general prophet." He grins. "If Raph believes you enough to go off the handle—well, I guess that's just Raph in general."

You chuckle. "Hey," you whine teasingly, "lay off your brother. Obviously he's a very levelheaded man."

"Totally." He rolls his eyes good naturedly. "Cool as a cucumber, that guy."

"Speaking of, where is everyone?" You look around the noticeably empty living room.

"Sleeping, probably. I tend to stay up later than they do."

"And why's that, Bill Nye?"

He shrugs. "It's easier to work when people aren't asking for help with things."

"That is very fair." You close your eyes as you lean against the back of the couch. "I must say, I'm not envious of your position."

You hear him shift closer. "Why's that?"

"If you don't already, you're probably—at least, from what I've seen," you clarify. "Well, it seems like, sometimes, you have the world on your shoulders. It can't be a good feeling."