Chapter 2

First of all I wanna thank my readers for well... reading this fanfic!! I'm very grateful to have you guys read this since having a community to talk to is really fun. Also if you enjoy the series please rate it for me as it helps me a lot thank you :)

- - -

"Hajime," Nagito shouted to me through the loud helicopter blades "How are you going to bring Chiaki back?" 

"I'm not sure but if Hopes Peak and the Future Foundation can combine Hajime and Izuru together they can do something about Chiaki." I yelled back.

"Ah Hajime, you never give up on your friends." Nagito said.

"It's what I do." I half muttered to myself and half answered Nagito.

- - -

Eventually we landed at the 14th branch headquarters and boarded off the helicopter. Everyone was ushered inside and Byakuya took us into his office. 

"Hinata, Komaeda, go wait outside. Asahina, keep an eye on them. I'd like to discuss something with Makoto and Kyoko." Byakuya ordered.

"Alright!" Hina said, joyfully.

And so we stepped outside the room and the door was shut. I couldn't really hear anything, just muffled words. It wasn't in my place to be eavesdropping anyway.

"Hina, right?" Nagito said, breaking the silence.

"Yep!" Hina said.

"It's great to finally meet you." Nagito said, holding up a hand..

"Y-yeah, me too." I said

"Come on, no need for formal introductions!" Hina grabbed us by the neck and pulled us in for a hug. "We're all friends now anyway." 

That was a very cheery introduction. Does someone like Hina ever get sad?

- - -

After some idle chit chat, the door opened and we were greeted by Byakuya's cold face. 

"Well, come in." He said blankly.

We didn't say anything and did as he asked, no more like commanded. 

"So, you want the Future Foundation to help you bring back a dead person." Byakuya spoke.

"Well, yeah, if you put it that way." I said.

"This will be a difficult task, but we appreciate your help for dealing with Mitarai."

"What Byakuya means is that we owe you one. So we'll do everything in our power to help you." said Makoto.

"Thank you," I said to everyone in the room. 

"Anyways, we need to figure out where to start. Obviously all the technology that was used to create Izuru Kamakura was long destroyed." Kyoko started. "The Future Foundation does have advanced technology in hand however this isn't any regular cloning. Especially since our candidate isn't alive nor in our hands." 

"That does seem to be a trouble." Makoto agreed.

There was a silent pause in the room. And it was true, Chiaki's corpse was probably buried somewhere deep within the ruins of Hopes Peak Academy. There was no way we'd find her and even if we did all that was left of her were... I don't even want to think about it.

"Wait!" I cried. 

Everyone in the room turned and stared at me. 

"I don't know if this will help but..." I took out a hair clip from my pocket. It was the one that Chiaki always wore, it had a white and red rocket ship design on it. 

"This belonged to Chiaki right?" Makoto said.

"Yeah," I replied.

"Perhaps some traces of her are still left on this. Do you mind if we keep it for now? To analyse it," Makoto asked.

"Sure..." I hesitated. It was the only thing left to remind me of Chiaki but, this was our only chance so far to bring her back. And it wasn't like I didn't trust him.

"Thank you," Makoto said.

I smiled at him as an act of "no problem" and a dim light of hope shined at the end of the tunnel.