8

—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—

y/n POV

"l/n-chan, can you help us with these blocks?" Kuroo asks.

Currently, Nekoma wasn't playing in a match, because as Daishō mentioned they were late and apparently this is their punishment now. So Fukurōdani and Nohebi are playing against each other. It doesn't seem to be looking good for Fukurōdani though. Either Bokuto was lying about being a top ace, or he is having a bad day.

"l/n-chan?"

"Oh right. I'm sorry. Um Kuroo-kun, is Bokuto-kun always like that," I ask.

"No no no, that's his infamous emo mode. I'm not sure what triggered it this time though, he was playing well in the beginning of the set. But cmon, we have to go to the other gym to practice." He says while pulling my arm.

—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—

"Okay, um like that?" I ask tossing a ball up to Kenma.

"Yes that's good thank you, just make sure you toss it directly to me."

I toss the ball to Kenma who sets it to whoever he wants. I watch as he sets the ball to Lev who spikes it, only for it to be shut down by Kuroo. Yaku tried to receive it, but he couldn't reach it and watches as the ball hits the ground.

"yay," Kuroo says doing a little celebration.

"You don't have to do that every time," Yaku says annoyed.

"But it's fun," he smirks, "Okay, but now we're gonna switch gears and practice serves. Everyone on that side to the gym, Yaku and Shibayama, you guys will be receiving."

Everyone started moving to the side of the gym and lined up to practice their serves. I moved to corner of the gym because I was scared I was going to get hit.

"Wait Lev, you come here. You need to work on your receives." Yaku says.

"But Yaku-san, I need to work on my serves too." Lev says.

Poor boy is always picked on. I can't help but sympathize with him.

"Yakkun, let him work on his serves, we can work on his receives another day. Besides having a bunch of balls being served at you all at once is overwhelming for someone who doesn't specialize in defence," Kuroo says.

I watched in awe as the boys severed. I watched Kuroo especially. His serve was impressive, it wasn't super strong, I could tell from watching other games. But something about his serve was amazing to me.

—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—

Fukurōdani and Nohebi's match finally finished and it was Nekoma's turn to play one. I'm not sure why they wouldn't just invite another team here. Like that way one team wouldn't need to just be practicing on their own and they could be like versing another team.

I look over at the school and see that Nohebi lost. I wasn't surprised. I know they're good, but Fukurōdani is just better. Suddenly I feel a tap on my shoulder and see Akaashi standing there.

"I'm sorry for tapping your shoulder, but would you mind talking to Bokuto-san. He's in his emo mode, and I think it's because you had to help Nekoma. Before you start panicking, it's not your fault. Bokuto-san can just be very childish at times, but he is our captain. Oh no, I'm sorry, I talked about Bokuto-san way too much."

"You don't need to apologize Akaashi-san, I'll go talk to Bokuto-kun right now."

'Hopefully, he'll cheer up before his practice match with Nekoma, I really wanna see him in his proper form.' I think.

I walk up to a sad looking Bokuto. His back is hunched over and it looks like his hair is down too. That's strange. I face him and say, "Hey Bokuto-kun, how are you doing?"

"l/n-chan, you said you'll watch me play," he pouts.

Is this why he is in his 'emo mode' all because I couldn't watch his match?

"I have to be Nekoma's manager for today, and they needed my help, I'm sorry Bokuto-kun. But since you're versing Nekoma next, I'll be able to watch."

"REALLY! THAT'S RIGHT! L/N-CHAN MAKE SURE YOU WATCH ME THEN. I'LL MAKE YOU A FAN OF FUKURŌDANI." he exclaims, his hair standing up again.

Suddenly Konoha comes running towards us and kicks Bokuto in the back.

"ARE YOU KIDDING ME. I TOLD YOU BEFOREHAND THAT L/N-SAN WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO WATCH OUR MATCH, AND SHE IS STILL THE REASON YOU WENT INTO EMO MODE!" Konoha yells at him.

"Hey, ow that hurts, I just wanted l/n-chan to watch me play," Bokuto says, his hair falling down a little.

Konoha looks at me scared and I turn to Bokuto and say, "Bokuto-kun, I'll be watching your next match, don't get sad. I'll have to watch you to take notes for Nekoma."

His hair turns up again and he says, "Right, get ready to write down what an amazing player I am."

He turns around and goes to Fukurōdani's side of the gym to prepare for the match. I let out a breath of relief that he is okay again, and start to feel bad for Fukurōdani. Having to deal with that at every match must be extremely exhausting. I walk over to Nekoma, and get my notebook out to take notes.

This is going to be fun.