17

—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—•—

y/n POV

"Welcome to l/n's convenience store. Let me know if there is anything I can help you with," I say smiling, "Oh it's just you guys."

"Hey, you should greet all your customers the same," Kuroo says.

I stick my tongue out at them. They start browsing around the store while Kuroo walks up the payment counter and puts him elbows on the counter top.

"So how's the flowers," Kuroo asks resting his head on his hands.

"The same as the last time you asked. My hydrangeas look so pretty though," I say shoving them in his face.

"Yea they are pretty."

"l/n-san, do you have more of this sports drink?" Yamamoto yells out from one of the aisles.

He lifts it up and I squint my eyes to figure out which one he is talking about.

"Oh yea, I forgot to restock it, my bad. I'll get some out right now."

I go to the back of the shop and pick up a bunch of sports drinks. Walking back, I hand some to Yamamoto and restock the rest.

"So l/n-san, you're gonna come to our matches right?" Lev asks.

"Yea I'll try my best Lev-kun, I don't think I can come to your first match, but if you make it past that round, I'll be able to watch your other games."

"We'll make it past for sure! I want you to watch Nekoma's ace in action."

"You can't be Nekoma's ace if you can't receive properly," Yamamoto yells out, "Besides, I am the ace."

Lev pouts and walks away to grab some chips. They are all so mean to Lev. My poor freakishly tall baby.

"I thought you were gonna get the team ice cream or meat buns or something?" I ask Kuroo, "They're all just wandering around."

"Yea, I thought I had enough money for that, but I don't. So I just told them I was coming here to see you and they just joined." Kuroo says rubbing the back of his neck.

"Oh you should've just told me. It's my treat. Have some ice cream or meat buns."

"No, you already got us a bunch of snacks during the training camp."

"It's okay, you guys made it to nationals, that is worth celebrating."

"Yea, but I still feel bad."

"Take it of your own free will or I will shove them down your throat."

"Okay, woah y/n-chan, no need to get violent here. We'll accept your very generous offer."

I smile, "Hey guys, take an ice cream or meat bun as a treat. You guys made it to nationals so have a little treat from me."

"Are you sure l/n-chan?" Yaku asks.

"Yea of course. I wouldn't have offered if I wasn't sure."

They all hesitated at first, but then everyone went to take either an ice cream or meat bun. Most of them choose ice cream, which makes sense. Who would want a meat bun for a celebration, usually sweet treats are for celebrating.

They start celebrating and eating their food. We all joke around and laugh while everyone finished their food. Sometimes a customer would pop in and buy something but other than that it was peaceful. Well as peaceful it could get with a bunch of high school boys.

Eventually they all started to leave until it was just Kuroo and I.

"Don't your parents get worried since you come home late now," I ask.

"Well one, I am strong and tall, and two, I would rather my parents get mad at me than have something happen to you."

I felt butterflies in my stomach and looked away. Neither of us say anything after that and just enjoy each other's company in silence. I continue serving customers while he walks around the store and reads some of the magazines.

"It's crazy what's happening in the My Hero Academia manga right now," he says reading the Shōnen JUMP.

"I know right, I was not expecting that to happen. Everything is crazy," I reply, "Oh we are closing soon."

"Got it, do you need any help?"

"Nope, it's okay, keep reading."

I finish cleaning up and counting the money before grabbing my stuff. Kuroo gets his stuff too and we walk out after I lock everything.

"Are you nervous for nationals?" I ask.

"I mean I would be lying if I said I wasn't. I want to help Nekomata-sensei see his dreams of the Battle of at the Trash heap."

"What? Why are you fighting people in a trash heap?"

"Oh right I should've explained. Nekoma and Karasuno, a team in Miyagi, have a long standing rivalry. Our coaches knew each other from a long time ago and they wanted an official match between each other to see which team is better. It's our coaches dream to see that match happen, so I am going to be my best to achieve that dream."

"Really? I can't believe you're doing that all for your coach."

"Don't get me wrong, I want to crush Karasuno, but long ago I was inspired by Nekomata sensei. It was my first volleyball camp and he taught me the importance of experiencing the joys of volleyball. It's because of him that I was able to become more proactive in both volleyball and my life."

"Wow, I had no clue you were actually such a caring person," I tease.

"Hey, I spill my heart out here and you make fun of me, how rude. Only a couple people know that," he pouts.

"Aw Tetsurō-kun, I was just kidding. I think it's really cool how you are going this far for your coach. It tells me more about your personality," I smile.

"I like when you say my name y/n-chan."

My eyes widen a little and I feel the butterflies return. At this point, they might as well move into my stomach, they keep coming back and forth, like just choose a spot.

"I like when you say my name too Tetsurō-kun," I say looking at the ground.

I glance over at him and see him smiling and looking up at the sky. He's so cute.

We reach my house and say goodbye. I didn't want to leave him.

"Text me when you get home okay?"

"Got it," he says.

I open the gate to my house and turn around to wave to him one last time. He waves back and I walk into my house. I am greeted by the smell of dinner. I quickly eat and then start my nightly routine.

I finish some homework and then take a shower. Finally I grab my phone to check any notifications from Kuroo. I see some from the group chat with Fukurōdani and Nekoma, but I decide to ignore that for now. I see a text from Kuroo and open that one.

[~~~~~~~~ Kuroo Tetsurō ~~~~~~~~]

Kuroo
hey i got home safe and didn't get in trouble from my parents !

aye ! that's really good
i'm gonna sleep now, you sleep soon too
night night Tetsurō-kun

Kuroo
sweet dreams y/n-chan <3

[~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~]

I smile to myself and put my phone away. Today was a really good day.