Chapter 01: Meeting Azur Lane

Disclaimer: Armored Core and Azur Lane are both properties of their respective owners.

I only own the story, and nothing else.

White Knight of the Azure Seas

Chapter 01: Meeting Azur Lane

++++

I felt like I was floating in an endless void. Can't see or hear anything.

It felt like that for hours, days even.

And as I float in that endless void, I felt a tug, and it is pulling me away from that void.

I saw a pinprick of light, and I tried reaching it. The light seemingly began shining brighter, and the next thing I knew, I was engulfed in endless light.

++++

A pair of eyes opened, as its owner slowly stood up from his prone position on the ground.

'The last thing that I remember is all of my systems shutting down after we have been defeated by the pilot of that red NEXT.' Noblesse thought, as he looked towards his front, and he is immediately greeted by a sight that his pilot, nay, all of Humanity back home only saw in old pictures and videos made his eyes wide open.

'Since when did the Earth have this?' He wondered. He clearly remembered what Earth really looked like.

It looked like a desolated wasteland due to the extensive use of the Kojima Reactor by Humanity, and said reactor's deadly K-Particles corroding the very planet that Humanity called home.
It didn't have any oceans left, not even a clear sky!

Noblesse shook his head, as his hand nursed a headache that is forming.

Wait, hand?

Noblesse then looked towards his hand, which is covered in armor of the same design and colors as his original chassis. Not to mention that he can somehow control the limb that he saw moving in accordance to his thoughts.

Add the fact that he felt a headache made him think he became a human.

'Fascinating.' Noblesse thought, as he continued clenching and unclenching his hand.

'Is this how humans move?' Noblesse thought, as he tried what he is doing on his right hand using his left hand.

After a few moments of distraction due to discovering that he, Noblesse Oblige, a top-of-the-line NEXT built by Rosenthal, and piloted by two great pilots, is now a full-fledged human being.
Or rather, a human encased in a miniaturized version of his chassis, which fit into his form like some sort of powered armor, coupled with the strength, endurance and combat acuity and augmentations of his last pilot, Gerald Gendlin.

He checked his systems, and he is immediately greeted by familiar screens that are now occupying his vision.

'Let's see...Laser Blade, check.' He looked towards his left arm, where the forearm mounted Laser Blade is, and ignited it, releasing a beam of energy.

Noblesse deactivated the Laser Blade, as he is finished inspecting it, he now turned towards the other systems.

'MR-102R Rifle, check. Ammo, check.' Noblesse turned to his right arm, where he held the familiar MR-102R Rifle. He can also see from his HUD that the ammo for his weapon is full, counting at 16 reserve magazines and 400 rounds of munitions in his rifle.