Chapter (2) Birthday Food Fight

I got in my car and raced towards auntie’s house. I forgot that it was starting so early.

I looked at my watch and curse for being so oblivious. I looked at the back seat and I didn’t saw the gift I was supposed to give Lizzie.

“Oh Crap!” I said making a u-turn. When I got to the front door I run to my room

“Where is it? Where is it? Where is it?” I mentally groan while finding the gift.

“Ahah! There you are you li---“ *Buzzzz* *Pick Up. I’m handsome Vince* *Buzzz* *Pick up. I’m handsome Vince*

I picked up my phone reminding myself to change the ringtone Vince put for my ringtone whenever he’s calling or texting.

“He--“

“Where are you?! You’re supposed to be here by now!” Vince yelled cutting me off.

“Hello to you too, and I’m on my way!” I said, before he can yell more to me I ended the call and run out of the house and into my car.

This is not my day. Clearly.

----

I finally arrived to Lizzie’s birthday. And boy, I’m in the front yard and there are already kids playing, running and playing tags. If this was a teenage party for sure there are plenty of teens ‘playing’ too..

I got inside with the present not bothering to knock at all. My eyes instantly search for a familiar blonde little girl, luckily I saw Liz in the kitchen eating strawberries with a friend.

I hugged her from behind and kissed her head. She giggled and wiggled out of the hug.

“Rose where were you? I was looking for you awhile ago!” she said holding my hand.

“I’m sorry, I lost track of time.” I said then handed her the gift I bought her.

She took it and hugged me “Thank you Rose! I love you!” she said and hopped out of the stool and grabs her friend along.

“You’re late” I turned around to see my two best friends glaring at me, they look exhausted. Awful even.

I hold my hands up. “Hey it’s not my fault that I lost track of time”

Hannah rolled her eyes “It is exactly your fault! You lost track of time!” she said emphasizing the ‘you’ to me.

I laughed. “So… was it hard?” I asked wanting to know the answer even though I knew exactly what they’re going to say.

“It was awful!” They both said in unison.

“This kid named Robin keep asking me for ice cream! And you know I don’t know how to scoop and Vince here..” he gestured Vince “..was babysitting the other kids in the living room! So I have no choice but to try and scoop ice cream, turns out I just made a lot of mess. It’s so sticky” Hannah said with a grossed out face.

“And I keep making this Trina girl to stop crying. She was looking for her mommy. The hell, I don’t even know how to make a little girl laugh!” Vince said exhaustingly.

“And you weren’t here helping us! Say.. you really wanted to be late so you wouldn’t help us!” Hannah exclaimed while giving me a glare.

“Hey! I really lost track of time! And it’s your fault that you don’t know how to take care or feed children!” I said “And Vince, just be you and you can make anyone and I mean everyone laugh.” I giggled watching Vince reaction. First he smiled then when he gets what I meant he glared at me. I heard Hannah giggled to. I was saying that he can make everyone laugh because he’s a fool.