Finally Mine

Naomi's P.O.V

It had been a month since I moved to UPR. October had rolled around so soon, I couldn't believe how fast time was flying. My classes were going well. Surprisingly, I enjoyed all of them, well except for Math that is.

Things with Nick were going better than I had ever imagined they could. After we hung out a second time, I knew there was something there. Yeah, I know it was only the second time I hung out with the kid, but sometimes you just know when it feels right. And he definitely feels right. Call me crazy, but I had a feeling he felt the same way too. I mean, we hung out almost everyday! And if we weren't hanging out, we were texting each other, or talking on the phone. He never mentioned any girls, and didn't hesitate to flirt with me. This had to be something more than a friendship, and I was pretty much just waiting for him to make the move. The waiting really got to me at times though, and sometimes I doubted whether he would ever make a move. I guess I would have to see.

When I wasn't with Nick, which was quite a bit of time, I was with Sonny. That first day we met, I would've never guessed that we would become such good friends. Hell, he was my best friend here. After our quarrel that first night, his attitude towards me definitely changed. He was still the same outspoken, cocky, notorious player I had met the first day, but he had definitely matured. He was more respectful of my feelings, and showed this by bringing less girls to the room, and warning me on the occasions when he did. He also began to act more like a friend by giving me advice, confiding in me and just being there for me. We always had a good time, making each other laugh, and just enjoying the college experience together. He was a pretty sweet kid once you got to know him and anyone would he lucky to be his friend, and all the shit that happened on the first night was worth it to get where we are now.

"Seriously Sonny? You're really not going to start the humanities reading?" I asked admonishment in my voice.

It was Friday, but that didn't mean that our homework load was any lighter. Being the responsible young adult I was,or "dork" as Sonny called it, I had created a homework schedule for myself. Today I would get my Humanities reading done, I was lying on my bed, stomach down, and flipping to the assigned chapter. This was pretty much the thing I hated about college, all the reading we had to do! Sure, I loved to read, but only the stuff I was actually interested in.

"Homework is meant to be done at the last possible moment." Sonny said with a smirk

He was at his desk on his laptop, scrolling through the numerous friend requests he had received on FaceBook. They consisted of girls he had met, girls he had messed around with, and girls who had heard about him. Bottom line, they were all from girls who were interested in him. The guy was a total pimp.

"You're gonna start failing your classes eventually you kmow," I said, but I wasn't quite sure.

Sonny was actually quite brilliant. He was passing all his classes B's even though he half assed his homework, and barely studied for test. If he put a little more effort into his academics, there was no way he couldn't get straight A's.

"Whatever you say baby girl." He said rolling his eyes

I chuckled and began to read, wishing I was doing anything else, like texting Nick. To my dismay, we hadn't gotten a chance to speak much today, but he had promised to text me later. My phone lay by my side, and I was waiting for the moment it vibrated.

"What do you think of her?" Sonny asked, lifting his laptop and holding it towards me so I could see the screen.

"She's hot, but definitely a shank." I said shaking my head in disapproval.