A Father's Love and Thorkell is here!

Start from the beginning

And Thorfinn will always have the love of a father or a father figure. Elena remembered reading one of the manga chapters when Leif Erikson said, "Follow your heart, my son.", the author drew Askeladd and Thors in the panel.

Elena remembers it since it's one of her favourite scenes.

Thors was the father of Thorfinn in his younger years, the kind of strict father who didn't want Thorfinn to grow up to be a killer. Teaching him kindness, the value of life and honour.

Askeladd was the father of Thorfinn during his adolescence and a bit before that. The strict father who didn't hold back on Thorfinn. Abusive, yes. But he was essential for Thorfinn's growth and survival in this harsh world.

Then Leif. He was the father of Thorfinn when he was an adult. The kind father who did his best to pull Thorfinn from his darkness. He was the father who taught Thoran a peaceful life and how to act like so.

A Father's love...

She turned to focus on Thorfinn who was eyeing his dagger.

She can't wait to see how this will turn out.

---

Elena walked around, listening to the music that was playing in her ear. She was far from the spot where Ragnar will die- but at the same time close enough to see everything.

She shrugged and proceeded to swing her legs. Looking at the sunset.

Time passed and the music was at its lowest. She noticed some splotches from the distance and knew it was time.

She placed all her things away into her breast and watched the show.

Elena could see Askeladd raise his hand as if doing an oath and she recognizes that the dialogue is closing.

She moves swiftly, silently; making sure they couldn't detect her. 

Ragnar coughed up blood and fell onto the snow with a soft thump. The day is ending- a great symbolism of how Ragn own sun is ending.

As she was close enough, she placed her foot on the snow, a soft crunching sound seemed to be loud in this quietness.

Askeladd turned to her, his eyes calculating as always.

"I won't tell the prince. I understand that it's essential for him to grow," she answered, walking closer to the grim scene.

"How much did you hear.", he asked bluntly.

"Enough to know that Canute's shouldn't be around his father.", she replied.

Askeladd nodded.

---

Elena is next to Canute, comforting him in his time of shock. However, he was unreceptive at her tries of comfort.

Ragnar's death truly hit him hard. She pursed her lips and whisper words of consolation to him and kiss the top of his head.

There was a slight reaction but he had another sombre look. Elena patted his shoulder and rubbed it. She needed him to think of her as someone who he thinks like a mother or at least a friend he would gladly hug without a second thought.

She already established a friendly relationship with him during your travels, and he seems to think very kindly of Elena.

Elena stood up glancing at Thorfinn. A smile of pity rest on her lips, but Thorfinn grunted.

'Ungrateful brat.', she thought, fondly.

She left the cabin and hurried over to Askeladd and Bjorn. They detected her hurried footsteps and halted their stroll.