02. Prostitots in Training

Chloe
This week, we're performing this dance called "Electricity". I have a bad feeling about this dance. We learned the first few moves, and there are a bit too sassy. Heck, Nia was smacking her butt and I could see the look of horror on Holly's face and the other moms above. Maddie and I are performing solos. I was so excited to compete against Maddie, but I'm a year older. This is a different competition so I'll be in the junior division and Maddie will be in petite. But what the producers wanted was for Abby to tell us that we were competing against each other for the whole best-friend-rivalry thing.
Kenzie and Vivi-Anne are doing their duet right now, and everybody knows that Vivi is behind. She isn't really caught up on the terms and is bringing Kenzie down. At least that's what Maddie said.
"Do you think the duets gonna place?" She asked me, taking a drink of water.
"I hope it gets above third." She said, not bothering to hear my answer. I didn't feel like answering anyway. She was probably going to gossip about it and twist my words. "Vivi might not catch up because she's young."
"What about Kenzie? They're around the same age."
She scowled at me. "Kenzie can keep up. She's a Ziegler," she said in a "duh" tone.
I don't know what that meant, but I feel that I shouldn't irritate her much. Annoying Miss Abby's precious one gets you in a lot of trouble in this studio.

Maddie
Abby told me to make the viewers believe that I'm going against Chloe. So much for reality TV. I had my time to talk to the cameras. They asked me how it felt about me competing against one of my best friends.
"Chloe is my biggest competitor. I think I'm a little bit better than her because I-I've won many more awards than her."
May seem harsh, but the producers say its confidence.
It took about three hours to get there. It seemed like a lifetime (Hehe see what I did there?) with Abby yelling at the driver the whole time.
When we got to the competition, Chloe and I made a plan to go talk to the producers about the dance. We didn't look ready at all but, better late than never. Chloe tapped one of the guys in the dressing room. He was chewing a thick wad of gum and rolled his eyes when Chloe tapped him on his shoulders. She got really tall this Summer.
"Yes?," he said impatiently.
"We were wondering if you wouldn't air the group dance."
He knelt down until we were about shoulder size to us. Well, to me. Chloe looked a bit taller now. He talked in a slow tone as if we were Mackenzie's age. "You see sweeties. We can't do that. We need something to fill the time slot."
"Don't you guys like the group?" He asked us.
We shrugged. It was a little tiring since we had to perform it twice an episode.
"And don't you girls think it would be cool if your friends saw this dance?" He asked us these questions as if he was Dora asking doe-eyed babies questions on which direction to go in.
"Lets go Chlo. He's clearly not taking us seriously."
He rolled his eyes and continued his conquest of popping cotton candy pink bubbles.
"Who's dance results do you think isn't gonna air?" She asked me.
"Uh... Probably the duet. That dance will tarnish the ALDC's reputation for sure."
"Yeah, I guess."
Chloe probably didn't see the guilt on my face. Or if she did, she most likely kept it to herself.
I knew who's dance results were getting cut from the air. It was Chloe's. Such a shame. "Baby Mine" got first place in her division.
You guys might be asking 'Gee Maddie how do you know this?'
Duh, cause I asked the producers not to. I talked to another one earlier and simply said that it would be confusing if they aired both of the division results if she and I were supposedly going against each other.
Hey, I'm not being cruel. Just thinking about the show and its reputation. Nothing personal. This show has to be perfect. It just has to...