10. Grim Apples

Jesus I forgot to thank you guys for 1k and thanks to @-uptownfunk- another loyal reader xoxo I'm gonna take a nap.
Chloe

The producers called everyone and said that all of the promos of the show were out and was gonna air during the summer. I saw a couple of commercials and it was mostly focused on the moms. Then the realization hit me that the show was called Dance Moms for a reason. There are only two more weeks until the dance season ends and Abby's putting on more pressure on us than ever.

I dozed off during pyramid. All I know is that Paige and Brooke are on the bottom because of Kelly. Then Nia and Mackenzie who have a duet, Then Maddie and I have solos.I was relieved but at the same time disappointed. I wanted it to be my time to shine, but after last week, I don't need all eyes on me anymore.

Maddie

Our group dance was a mix of jazz and funk, which isn't my best style of dance. It also didn't help that the moms were talking about Mackenzie and I while we were only less than five feet away from them.

"Um, how 'bout Abby taking care of Maddie and Mackenzie? And her saying you might do more things than the group. Well you know what the hell that's gonna be," Kelly said.

Then Kelly chimed in. "I know, she's gonna take them out to be seen."

Then, they went on and on about my mom being with Greg to afford to go to this studio.

Chloe

Halfway through the dance, Abby said another special someone was coming. I just hope this person wasn't going to talk about performing in topless shows like the last time.

Then, a really tall African American woman who had a cane, leopard hat and bedazzled well everything appeared. I felt happy for Nia since she might have a chance to shine during the group. Her move was going to be the death drop. It seemed like a pretty hard move, but Nia learned it in about ten minutes.

Maddie

While Mackenzie stayed with Nia and Holly, Abby took me out to this restaurant. It was pretty uncomfortable, considering the cameras are everywhere, even in a restaurant. Abby and I talked out setting up an audition for me, but I turned it down. The girls would hate me, and the moms probably would have expected it from me.

+

The bus ride to the competition was pretty short, and once we got to the dressing rooms, we were greeted by Cathy. I started to help Kenzie with her makeup, since mom always helps her, when she came in with Vivi-Anne, and a red-haired boy around Mackenzie's age. There was also a girl that had blonde hair and around Chloe's height who started naming all of her titles. She looked way too old for me, so I assumed shes up against Chloe. She really can't catch a break this dance season.

While the hair was being done, Kelly was telling everyone how Paige has only a quarter of her dance choreographed. Then Abby asked her a crude question.

"How was that number Paige? Did you learn the whole thing?"

"Sometimes Abby can be really mean, but you can't let it get to you okay," I told Paige as I hugged her.

After Kelly left to pull Paige's solo(again), I was going backstage and waiting until my number was called. Abby led me down, and people were staring at both of us like we were celebrities or something. Or the three cameramen in front of us.

"You have been consistent. You have been amazing, you've inspired me to be a better teacher. This could be great things for the rest of your life you know?" She said starting to choke up.

I had no idea Abby could be this nice on camera. Before this whole show was going to be filmed, I was terribly afraid of her, and now she's just acting like this for the cameras. Or the producers forcing a fake relationship since I'm the favorite, or teacher's pet.

My number was called, and I always look for my mom in the audience, but I remembered that she's with Greg. Chloe quickly comforted me when I got off stage. It was then time for Nia and Kenzie's duet and I prayed that they would win. But then again, Vivi didn't even know how to do a cartwheel before she came to the ALDC, so I'm pretty sure we have the duet in the bag.

I congratulated them as they got off stage. Then after a few numbers, I heard Chloe's music go on, but she was still in her dressing room.

Chloe

Maddie quickly rushed to my dressing room as I heard my music in the background. My mom and I quickly ran off. It turns out that the Candy Apples girl that was competing against me had the same music as me. Coincidence, I think not.