Unspecified

"Missing someone is a part of loving them; if you're never apart, you'll never really know how strong your love is." 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The whole world went berserk. It wasn't the first time everyone went insane for the Spanish skater, and it wasn't the first time everyone went insane because a new girlfriend was introduced to them. Most of them congratulated Javi, some of them didn't; instead, they either pitied Yuzu, or were surprised that he wasn't gay "as most male skaters were". But right now, it wasn't a question of sexuality, or whether were people happy for him or not; the question that sunk deep inside the Spaniard's brain, filling him with slight irritation was, as to why the reporter who wrote down the whole interview used the word "girlfriend".

He never specified whether his new partner was male or female, he just simply said he found a new person to love, with their nationality being Japanese. Yet, there it was, the word used for a female companion with whom someone had a romantic relationship.

Usually, it didn't get him worked up like this, but truth be told, he was getting tired of all the hiding he did, all of the lies he had to come up with, with all the women coming and going to cover up the truth. Javier just wanted to step out, as he was retired and thus no critique would hurt his career, and tell the world how things truly were.

However, of course, he had to think of his partner, for they had their whole career ahead of them still, and their reputation would suffer greatly. Some people would cheer and shout out something along the lines "I knew it!", but some of them would look at that person with disgust; yes, even in the 21st century, things like this happened.

All this thinking made Javi's level of irritation grow; why was it such a big deal? Why couldn't they just say it? It was their happiness, and they just wanted to share it with others. They wanted to show the world they were taken, that they were only humans who went through emotions such as love like anyone else on this planet.

But, once again, he couldn't do whatever he wanted, he couldn't say anything without his partner agreeing, too; relationships were about two people, not one. Thus, he waited and waited, patiently as he tried his best to push the angry thoughts out of his mind, and just enjoy their lovely relationship.

And, if he was to tell the truth, whenever his eyes landed on his lover's face, whenever he saw the beautiful smile, all his worries faded away. Instead, wrinkles appeared around his eyes – those which were born out of smiling a lot – and his hands took place on their favourite parts of the other's body. Ah, he experienced so much happiness, his heart and soul felt like exploding at any given second, and he just wanted to run around and show just how full his heart was thanks to his lover.

A tap on the shoulder brought him back to life. Javi was back in the real world, welcomed by one of his friends who took part in his show. He was back in Madrid, his hometown, thousands of kilometres away from Canada or Japan, from the competition world and from his other friends who missed him dearly, and whom he missed, too. The Spaniard was also thousands of kilometres away from the person he loved the most, and oh, just how much he wanted to hold his lover in his arms right now, hold glass of champagne in hand and stare at the moonlight sky before fireworks painted across it.

He shook his head, curls dancing around; no, he wasn't to think like this. He was to enjoy this moment with his friends and family members, in his home-country, with fans surrounding him. So, why was he looking forward more to the end of the celebration? Why was he so excited about the new year coming and him being locked away in his room, with phone in his hand? He knew, but no-one else did; of course, they didn't, the Spaniard and his partner hadn't told them yet. Not because they didn't trust the others, God no, but because his lover wasn't ready and comfortable with people around them knowing. It was their first relationship – yes, that's right; Javi had the ultimate privilege of being the person's first love.