-6-

Sykkuno's Pov

Rae and I were walking to a nearby clinic, it was an awkward trip since she found out about my petal coughing problem, we had no idea what it was or what caused it.

I felt guilty for not telling her then, she's wouldn't have been more worried now if I had told her myself, instead of her needing to witness it.
I took a quick glance at Rae, she didn't say anything but that worried expression of hers never left her face.
"I-I'm sorry Rae, I didn't mean to make you worry." Rae looked surprised at me. "You're ill and yet you're apologizing? Sykkuno, it's fine, but please, tell us earlier." I looked down, nodding my head silently. "If you don't mind, I'll text Toast after we've finished your check-up." I was afraid she'd say that, but Toast is my friends, he has a right to know. "Sure, I hope he won't be too mad, though that's probably almost impossible."

We made it to the clinic and booked our appointment, I eventually got my turn with the doctor. "My friend has been throwing up flower petals and coughing a lot, do you know what it is sir?" Rae spoke up, worry evident in her voice. "Throwing up flower petals? I think may know what it is." I looked up at the doctor eagerly, could I finally go back to normal? "This sounds a lot like the disease called, Hanahaki. It occurs when someone is going through one-sided love. It cause things like cough and chest pain, specifically pain in the lungs, it grows a flower inside ones lungs. The most common thing seen, flower petals and blood." It seemed like everything I had gone through, but flower growing in my lungs? It sounds really horrifying for me to hear. "Is there anyway to cure it?!" Rae seemed desperate to get rid of my illness. I tugged on my scarf, I was probably causing a lot of trouble for her. "There is, but not something medicine or treatment can cure. Due to this being chased by one-sided love, you need to confess to you loved one, and the flower will gradually disappear along with any pain if you're feelings are returned genuinely, strong friendship will not do anything. An alternative is to get it removed through surgery, taking the flower out, but along with it, you'll Lose all feelings for that person. If you don't cure it soon, the flower will lose all its petals and you'll die."
One-sided love? Surgery? Death? Everything was going too fast for me. "Sykkuno, do you have feelings for anyone??" I didn't look at her. "I.. I have no idea. I-I don't recall liking anybody." A sudden thought hit me, Corpse. "I don't want to go for surgery though, l-losing my feelings is too much for to handle, Rae." Tears were welling up in my eyes. Rae looked at me with a sympathetic expression, she turned to the doctor. "Thank you Doc! We know what's happening to my friend now." She smiled slightly, the corners of her mouth slowly rising. "I'm sorry I'm not able to cure it, I hope your friend here gets better." The doctor sounded sincere. I kinda like how considerate he's being.

"What do we do Syk.. I'm scared for you." Rae looked like she was about to breakdown. I placed my hand on her shoulder. "H-hey, everything will be okay, we just need to find a way, I just know everything will resolve eventually!" I tried to sound cheerful even though in reality, I was just as anxious as she was. "But, what if you die?" The tears started rolling down from her face. I pulled towards me into a hug, patting her back a little, she was shaking a lot. "R-Rae, please calm down! I know it's hard, I'm scared too, but I will be okay! We just need to wait it out." Rae stifled her cries and hugged back. "Thank you Sykkuno, I needed this." I felt her smile.

We arrived at my house again, we sat down on my couch and stayed silent for a while. Bimbus ran and jumped onto me, licking my face a little. I giggled, patting Bimbus. "Hey there Bimb." Rae turned to me and reached out to pat Bimbus, Bimbus rubbed against her hand gently. "Sykkuno, do you have anyone in mind that you like?" Right, someone I like. Corpse was the only thing in mind I had, but I'm not even sure if I liked him in that way or not. "Eh, I don't have anyone in mind, I'll think about it later tho." I lied, I did have someone in mind, but I don't wanna get my hopes up and embarrass myself In the end.

Suddenly, someone knocked on my door. Startled, I slowly opened the door as Bimbus barked. Surprisingly, it was Toast. "SYKKUNO, WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME ABOUT YOUR HANAHAKI." I jumped a little, it was scary to see Toast angry. I guess I forgot that Rae was gonna tell Toast. I let Toast in. "I-I'm sorry hehe. I didn't want you to worry. I know you're busy most of the time too." Toast calmed down a little. "Sykkuno, you're like a little brother to me, I don't care if I'm busy, I'll tend to you as soon as possible." He had a serious look on his face, though I can't blame him for it. "Thank you for being here with me, you guys. I really appreciate it, please don't worry too much though." I scratched the back of my head, trying to look away from them. "Sykkuno, you're an angel you know that." Rae spoke up. I admit, I was taken aback by that comment. "N-No I'm not, what makes you think that?" I was genuinely confused. "You're worrying about us instead of your Hanahaki problem, you've been there for us when we needed help, it's time we pay back." Toast seemed so empathetic, it was unusual for me. I smiled at them, before pulling them for a hug. They hugged backed and it became a group hug, I am quite affectionate so this was enjoyable for me, they were so happy.

They eventually had to go back, I bid them goodbye before taking a nice shower. I was laying down on my bed, researching about my Hanahaki, I couldn't sleep due to the chest pain and painful coughs. Corpse suddenly texted me. 'Hey, do you mind spending sometime with me again Syk? :)' I felt my heart skip a beat, I smiled a little before texting back. 'I'd love to Corpse! :D' I giggled as he sent another text. 'I was wondering if you had Minecraft, if you do, maybe we could call and play?' I always play Minecraft with Rae and Toast, as well as their friends too. 'I do actually! Let's call then if you want :)' Corpse Invited me to call and we started to log on.

Corpse's Pov

I played with Sykkuno for a good while, He was fun to play Minecraft with. We placed our beds next each other and had pets named after our very own pets, Bingus and Bimbus, Coincidentally, Bingus was sitting on my lap throughout.

Sykkuno liked to troll a lot and I found it really entertaining, he has a unique play style during Among us so it was expected. We were in a cave mining until his character stopped moving and he wasn't speaking. "Sykkuno? You there? Did something happen?" I felt my anxiety rise a little as he wasn't responding. "Uh, Sykkuno? You're worrying me." After a few moments, I heard Sykkuno's smooth voice yet again, I let out a sigh of relief. "Sorry Corpse, I went to the toilet. Eh sorry for no telling you." He stifled a faint cough. Surprisingly, I didn't believe him. "I not sure I believe that, you always tell me when you go to the toilet, it was quite abrupt just then." Sykkuno paused for a while. "O-Oh uhm, sorry if I made you worry there, I forgot to tell you." I pat Bingus and pondered for a while. "Well, let's continue if you're fine now, Sykkuno." I brush off the earlier  confusion and continued mining with Sykkuno.

The awkwardness between us eventually wore off as time went on, many things happened in the game that was comical for the both of us, I enjoy playing with Sykkuno a lot, he makes me happy everytime we play. Hopefully we can do this more often, though I think I ruined his sleep schedule a lot already. "I think I'll be going to sleep now Corpse, hopefully you'll be able to rest sooner or later! Let's play again sometime tomorrow." I laugh as I ran around his character. "Sure, I look forward to it!" We wished eachother good night before disconnecting from the server and call. My mind was brought back to that earlier situation, I don't think I'm fully convinced yet, it seems to unlike him. I caress Bingus as he purred and rubbed his skin again my hand, it calms me down most of the time, but it didn't managed to take my mind off what happened. I sighed, ruffling my hair with my hands, I wonder how Sykkuno's hair feels like.

I couldn't sleep for a good while, so I got my phone to listen to some music I saved. Music is something I enjoy a lot, it helps me cope in public settings and it's often relatable to me, there were different genres with different styles too. I went to the kitchen to make myself something to eat, but I ran out of ingredients, well shit. Looks like I have to go grocery shopping tomorrow. I groan in frustration, why did It have to run out today, the grocery shop is packed on Sundays too. I hate this. I crawl back onto my bed, sulking to myself. "Bingus, please get rid of my pain and suffering." Bingus just meowed at me before placing his paw onto my forehead. Thank you bingus.

------

Sykkuno you lil angel sjjsj. Sorry for no updating yesterday lmao, I was at a countdown camp for 2021.

ANYWAYS HAPPY NEW YEAR YALL, I demand you have a good one >:(

I'll be here for anyone going through a bad year <3

-author

(1744 words)