Chapter 1

Note: I will stop referring to Shinichi as Shinichi starting this chapter. I will use Conan or Shinichi current name.

   Conan opened his eyes, only to be greet by his eccentric mother face. "Kudo Ken'ichi. That would be his name!" his mother proudly declared. "Shin'ichi and Ken'ichi, the new one and the wise one." he father mumble in agreement. Conan mind started to register his father word. His father take Conan and put him beside another baby. Then, a nurse put a blue bracelet at his small hand. He could read it clearly, Kudo Ken'ichi is his name now and the other baby beside him is Kudo Shin'ichi, his former self. By putting those clues together, Conan come to a conclusion, he has been reborn as his former self's twin.

   "Ne, ne, Yuu-chan. Ken-chan has a pair of nice eyes. Although Shin-chan has both eyes in blue sapphire and Ken-chan's right eyes is the same as Shin-chan, Ken-chan's left eyes is red blood in color." Yukiko start babbling. "Ken-chan looks small than Shin-chan and Ken-chan probably grow up to be feminine and Shin-chan masculine. Shin-chan will probably grow up and be the one protecting Ken-chan." Yuusaku looks at his wife with fond eyes and take notice of everything his wife said. He could agree with everything his wife said but, the part that his first son protecting his second son, is a bit doubtful, because he could see in those heterochromia iridium eyes, that he knew the world better. Yuusaku smiled and keep listening to his wife. Unawares of the pair of eyes that keep looking at him.

𝓕𝓮𝔀 𝔂𝓮𝓪𝓻𝓼 𝓵𝓪𝓽𝓮𝓻.
   Four years old Kudo Shinichi and Kudo Ken'ichi are sitting at their house library. Their father, Yuusaku is reading to them a Sherlock Holmes book. Conan is listening tentatively for every word his father said. Suddenly his mother burst into the house and said that she has a meeting with her 'sensei' that earn a smirk from his father. Sensing something, Conan quickly walk to his mother and hug her leg, saying something like he want to follow her. His mother, quickly agree and pick him. Conan who will usually try to wriggle out from his mother hold in the past like the current Shinichi, stay put and smile at his mother. Thus, earn a bone crushing hug from her mother.

   Her mother drive a car in a speed that should not be followed but Conan being himself stay put and enjoy their drive. Her mother stop their car in front of a house, no. 53, second block of Ekoda Town. Conan walk behind his mother and wait for the house owner to welcome them. A purple hair women come out and hug his mother. She welcomed them and pat Conan's head. Conan smile sweetly at her. The women leads them toward their backyard and there is a male, who looks eerily similar to his dad. "Yukiko-san, you've come." Conan could hear how smooth the voice of the male.

   "Ken-chan, introduced yourself to Toichi-sensei and Chi-chan." her mother said sweetly. "Konbawa, I am Kudo Ken'ichi, I am the second son of Kudo Yuusaku and Kudo Yukiko." Conan introduced himself sweetly. The purple hair women squeak at Conan's cuteness. "Konbawa, Ken-chan, I am Kuroba Toichi and this is my wife Kuroba Chikage." the male said while popping a chocolate for Conan. "Wah, are you a magician?" Conan couldn't help but asks. Toichi smile. "I am, the best of all." and he then doves flying from everywhere. Conan looks in awed. "Sugoi, you're just like Kaitou KID." Conan said smiling.

   If Toichi is startle, Conan would miss the hint. "Ne, ne, Ken-chan, do you want to see Ken-chan? He is just a year older than you." Chikage said smiling. It is not a common knowledge but it is not a secret that Kudo Yuusaku and Kudo Yukiko's sons are both in the kindergarten at the age earlier than they supposed to. Due to their busy schedule, they put their son in a school earlier. That's why, Shinichi who's supposed to be first year student is in second year. But not everyone know those thing because of how smart Shinichi is, but Kuroba Toichi, seeing one of Kudo's son saying he just like KID is dangerous enough.

   Conan quickly nod, he doesn't want to disturb his mom's class for now. "Kai-chan, you have a friend." Chikage call from the living room, a footsteps could be heard from the room upstairs. A messy hair boy then peep from the staircase. He then approached Conan before popping a red rose for Conan. The rose look a bit poor, an evidence that he is still learning but far than good for his age. "That's amazing. You're going to be like Toichi-san too?" Conan asks. Conan first call Toichi and Chikage as niisan and neechan but he is lucky that they are not like his mom.

   Kaito nodded enthusiastically and said, "YES, and I am Kuroba Kaito, nice to meet you." Conan smiled sweetly at the boy. During his years as Conan, he has learned how to act well and his knowledge is too vast for his age for now. Conan then talk with Kaito a lot of thing. Kaito is young but he is smart than kids his age, thus making Conan comfortable talking with him. "Ne, ne, Ken-chan, do you want to go outside? I can show you Ekoda Clocktower!" Kaito cheerfully boasted. Conan agreed with him and then they quietly walk outside. Kaito keep holding Conan's hand and talk about lots of thing, he also keep bouncing everywhere.

   Conan smile. He feels like he has a toddler playmate now. It is such a nice feelings. "Ne, ne, Ken-chan, your eyes, they are beautiful." Kaito said while looking at Conan's eyes. Conan suddenly feels that his face is burn and hot. "Thank you." Conan mumble. "Your eyes looks beautiful too Kai-chan, it is like a pair of jewel. They are unique." Conan mumbled. Kaito face quickly brightened and he hug Conan. Conan pat Kaito's head with his small hand. If people are looking at them weirdly, Conan just shrugged off. Unawares, Kurobas and Yukiko is following them.

   When they keep talking, Conan eyes notice a girl who look similar to Ran, but Conan who has meet Ran inside the kindergarten knows that the messy hair girl isn't Ran. Conan also noticed the girl uneasiness tell Kaito about the girl. Kaito cheerfully walk to the girl and pop-up a yellow rose. His father told him that yellow rose is for friendship. "I am Kuroba Kaito, nice to meet you. You look uneasy, can I help you?" Kaito asks. Conan who is standing behind Kaito with his hand in Kaito small one, smile. The girl explains and it seem like she's waiting for her father. Thus, Conan and Kaito wait with her. Unexpectedly, the father of the girl is Inspector Nakamori, who chased after KID.

   'This seem weird, could it be that Kuroba Toichi is the first KID, so something must happened around 2008, if KID suddenly disappeared.' Conan thought. With new determination, Conan promise to himself, he would protect KID, so if the coincidence is this much, if his father smiles isn't a hint, he didn't know what. Conan then standing in front of the adults, being scold for going out without their knowledge, although he know they keep following him and Kaito. "I'm sorry." both of them said. Their parents smiled fondly and forgive them. Before going home, Conan stand in front of Kuroba Toichi.

   "3 years from now on, when the 'phantom thief*' is 8. Beware of the crows, because the white dove's wings shall be clip and his soul shall be eaten by darkness. Not to be awake anymore. In front of the audiences, the white dove shall meet his ends and meet an unfair end." Conan voice is far too serious, and the air is tense. "I will keep that in mind." Toichi said at the end. Conan smiled and then his seriousness is replaced by innocent gaze and excitement, "You should!" he chirped. Kaito hug Conan before Conan went home and said that they should meet again.