"... And that's why Slytherin and Gryffindor hate each other. Thankfully, we only have Potions, Flying and Herbology together." Oliver shrugged. "Can you imagine? Having to partner up with one of those snobs."

"They're all snobs?" she asked cluelessly. As far she could tell, Severus Snape definitely wasn't a snob. He wasn't in touch with his emotions, yes, but he wasn't a snob.

"To people like you, yeah." Oliver answered. "The Slytherins are rather... picky about their house members. It's where most of the pureblood families come from. And most of them too were Death Eaters. You, a muggleborn would never be accepted by them." he said sorrowfully.

Lily's mood faltered a little. She knew both her actual mum and dad were wizards but no one else knew that. "They were Death Eaters?"

"Followers of You-Know-Who. Glad he's gone. I can't imagine how things would be like if he came back." he shuddered.

"Keep quiet you two, the professor is here." Percy hushed them both as Professor Flitwick walked in.

_____

I'm sorry, I just don't get why first years can't try out for Quidditch." Oliver mumbled crossly, stabbing his grape with his fork. "Stupid rules."

"Hey, you'll get to try out next year." Lily squeezed his shoulder in comfort. "And you'll be an even better player then."

"Oh and you're trying out with me, Carrots." Oliver said seriously, looking her dead in the eyes with his adorable brown ones. "Me as Keeper, and you as Chaser."

"What about Percy?" she asked, looking over at the third member of their trio who was circling important points in his potions textbook. The red head's head snapped up at the mention of his name.

"I think we'll leave him with the books." Oliver laughed lightly. "Unless you want to join the team Perce?"

"Quidditch?" Percy scrunched his face up. "Merlin, no. We'd lose. I'd rather earn our house points through my intelligence." he quipped as the two burst out laughing.

" 'I'd rather earn our house points through my intelligence'." Lily made a face, mocking Percy.

"Oh look at me, I'm Percy Weasley and I'm so smart, I don't even pay attention when my friends are talking about something that's not about studying." Oliver said, sounding exactly like Percy.

"Oh, stop it now, both of you." Percy snapped his book shut, shoving them playfully.

"Seriously Perce, you need to stop being so hard on yourself, loosen the reigns a little." Lily wiggled her head side to side.

"That's why I have you clowns." Percy broke into a smile.

"Livvie?" Lily gasped.

"Yes, Carrots?"

"Did Percy just call us clowns?"

"I think he did Carrots."

"Oh you better run right about now Percy Weasley." the girl looked at him with warning as the red head shot off, the other two quick on their feet to chase after him. They'd just caught up when Lily's owl, Vanilla, came into the dining hall with the other owls, dropping two letters and a newspaper for the girl.

"Mail!" she cried gleefully, running for the table, all thoughts of catching Percy gone. The two boys followed curiously. "Livvie wrote back." her teeth showed a bright smile before she handed the boys the newspaper. "She read her younger brother's scrawled handwriting in a bright red crayon. All it read was, "Dear Lily, I miss you. Mummy and daddy too. x, Livvie."