"Is Asia, they use riddles, the most famous and recent one was, 'What are the three thing that cannot be hidden." "What are they." I look at my birthmark, brushing my finger over it. "The sun, the moon, and the truth." She hands me another book, "Good, your getting better at this. Next one.."

I keep reading and repeating what I have learned, only being 6 pm. "Okay take a break." I put the book down, and walk around the house, looking at the different pictures of the Hale family. "That's the Family portrait. it was made by a family friend when we moved here from up north." Peter stands behind me, I could see him eye me up and down. Maybe girls would be all over him, dark hair, pale skin, and blue eyes. But the worst part was, he was 13, and I was almost 9, you could already see the awkwardness in the age difference.

"You know if you weren't Talia's brother, I'd slap you right now, but since she's right down the hallway and her kids are in class, they need their piece and quite." He gives me a creepy smile, "Your really cute when you get mad." "You should see me when I'm angry." I growl at him, but Derek enters the room. There's wasn't much of an age difference between Derek and I, only 2 years. But some people say I appear much older than what I appear to be. "Leave her alone, Peter." The three of us stand in the room, looking at each other before Peter is called my his father. "Thanks." Derek nods to me before leaving me alone in the room again.

I didn't really have friendship with Derek, sometimes I would think he hated me, but I have no reason why. Laura would talk to me occasionally, but that all depended on how her mother would feel when I finished my work. Laura would come by me during our recess at school and we would talk there. "Savannah ready for the next lesson." Talia yells from the living room, "Yeah."

"Now, what are the three things that can kill werewolves." I scramble to look in the book, "Silver bullet..with wolfsbane, Mountain Ash, and their head being cut off." She checks off something from the clipboard. "You've been doing really good, these past few days. Maybe tomarrow, we'll start hunting outside and fighting, what do you think." I nod enthusiasticly.

We continue our class for another 30 minutes, when Michael comes in to tell me that my dad is here to pick me up. "I'll see you tomorrow, bright and early." I grab my books saying goodbye to her family. "Hey sweetheart. How was class." "Good." I whisper. He takes my bag into the car and lets me go inside before he talks to Talia and Michael a little bit more.

Derek's POV

I heard a honk come from downstairs, "She's leaving. Tomorrow's her last day before she goes on vacation with her mom." Laura leans on my doorway. My dad and Savannah's dad are talking, they seem like their making some kind of deal with each other. "Why does mom keep her away us." "She's different Derek. She's not like us, the way she learns things better than us, her sense of smell, and hearing. She's dangerous, like mom said." I look at her, before looking down at the car parked in our driveway. Savannah was already looking up at us before her dad drove away.

"But hidden from all of that, she's a really sweet girl. Too innocent to become a murderous werewolf." She leaves me in the silence of my room, but doesn't save me from the slytherin Peter. "What do you want." I can sense him smiling at me, "You seemed really concerned about her, Savannah I mean. She's a really pretty girl, and someone like that can't just be wondering alone in the woods at night." I turn to Peter who is touching my trophy's. "Someone like you shouldn't be taking to her like she's a piece of meat, Peter. You don't know what she's capable of."

A big cheeky grin is plastered on his face, "What are you smiling about now." Shaking his head, I begin to get furious. "You like her, don't you. Your blood boils at the thought of me being near her. What makes her so special anyways Derek? Is it that she's the only girl that's ever stepped foot in your house, or is it the fact that you don't know if she likes you too." He leaves my room, leaving a trail of cologne on his way out. His last question runs through my mind the entire night, I couldn't concentrate during dinner. All I thought about in my mind was, 'What did attached me to Savannah in the first place.'

Savannah's POV

"Okay girls, go get a quick drink of water and come back outside for announcements." My coach walks off to talk to a parent, "Hey do you want to come over to my house today, my mom's making spaghetti tonight." An older man opens the door for us, "Thank you. Sorry, I can't. My moms taking me out of town for a couple of days, and I won't be back until Wednesday." We grab the drink of water, but before heading down to the field. We both see the little league basketball team playing, "Wow, Derek's really good." I turn my attention from another kid to Derek, who is already looking at me from his shot to the basket. "Yeah..Let's go before coach gets paranoid about where we are."

When were walking down the hill to the field, I see Peter talking to my coach. "There she is. Peter Hale is going to take you home with his brother, his mother couldn't come and pick you up herself." I stand frozen for a while until I'm knocked back to consciousness, "That's...great." I say sarcastically.

After the girls soccer team leaves, Peter and I walk into the building and wait for Derek to come out. "You're a really good player. I wouldn't be shocked if you were head of the team one day." I don't make conversation with Peter due to an uneasy tension in the room. The door opens and closes from the players changing room, just then Derek comes out in a brand new fresh set of clothes. "Sorry I wanted to take a shower before I got home again." I get up really quickly, and put my headphones before leaving the building. 'I just really want to ignore both of them until I get to the house, I'll be safe there.'

The sky had gotten really dark after 6:45, the clouds weren't even visible anymore, the stars sometimes would lead your way through the trails. "It's a really pretty night, isn't it." Peter walks a little closer to me, but I slow down enough to fall back behind him. When he notices that I'm not walking with him anymore, he just walks off, leaving me and Derek behind. "Sorry about him, he gets kinda exited around girls." I chuckle at his inappropriate joke. "It's just uncomfortable. I'm not use to people talking to me like that."

The walk to their house seemed a lot longer than I thought it would be, "Does he even know where were going." Derek and I stop to look around, Peter keeps walking down the trail, "Why are you asking." I point to the left of me, "Because I can smell Talia's shampoo a mile away, up the hill, three trees down to the left." His stuned from what I said, "Your really good at hunting people down aren't you. My mom must be a good teacher after all." He manages to get up the hill with no problem, but has to reach down and help me up too.

We follow my directions, but something in the corner of my eye catches my attention. A dark figure runs in the woods beside us, then another one trails behind. "Run!....Their catching up to us." I couldn't quite make up the name that the figure screamed, I was still trying to figure out what I just saw. "Savannah, you okay?" Derek grabs my forearm, pulling me closer to him, "Yeah, I just thought I saw something." We continue our way up the house in time before 7:30.

Talia was talking to someone that didn't visit the house often, "Savannah, I would like you to meet, Dr. Alan Deaton." He was a short man, dark skinned, and bald. But something about him was very pleasing, calming actually. "Hi nice to meet you, I'm-" "I know exactly who you are. Savannah McCall." He held my hand in a way that was glad to see me, not letting go after Talia invited us inside.

Talia had sent Derek to go out and look for Peter, who was probably still angry about what he said to him. Talia had been talking to Dr.Deaton about me, and giving me an opportunity to build my own pack. "But how am I supposed to know how to manage a pack if I've never even met my Alpha. And if I did, who would want to be part of a werewolves packs that doesn't even know what she is." Deaton pulls out an old book from his bag on the couch, turning to a page in the back of the book. "This is a Bestiary, it should tell us everything that we need to know about you. And everything you need to know about yourself."

How is this little book supposed to tell me what I am, I thought Talia would know since every supernatural creature that Chris has told me about, wants help from her. I don't even know if I want to ruin the lives of innocent people to become my loyal subjects. I'm still trying to cope with the fact that I'm seeing things in the dark and that, for me, is not natural.