Stretching out her limbs into her diving position she breathed out nervously. She had done this a million different times, varying to many races that lead her to gold and silver trophies and medals to which she was adorned with.

Pieter Hauer, the ex legendary olympian dressed in matching sweatpants and jacket had blown the whistle but something utterly peculiar unfolded. Kiyoko was still positioned at the starting block. Blowing the silver whistle once more Kiyoko was still there.

Kiyoko waited, she looked to the side to see Pieter blowing the whistle again yet only she barely heard the whistle.

"Koko Go!" he yelled as her eyes widened as she dived into the water.

The Dutch coach furrowed his eyebrows, never in Kiyoko's life both competitively and in practice never had a false start.

She must be half asleep, or maybe there's water in her ear Pieter thought as he sighed watching Kiyoko turn and return to the wall as she pushed up her goggles. Walking to her and crouching down Kiyoko looked into her coach's eyes.

"You okay Koko?" he asked as Kiyoko panted.

Why is his voice so faint?

"Pardon?"

"Koko, I said are you alright?" he repeated louder.

"yeah," she replied, "I'm fine,"

Pieter inspecting the swimmer only came to an assumption.

"Okay, will end things today, you seem tired, come on," he smiled offering a hand helping her up.

"Really? We've got an hour left," she pointed at the clock.

"You should rest, not to mention mid exams are coming up for you," he explained as they walked.

"Come on, go get changed, I'm coming over anyway for dinner," he ruffled her hair as she smiled.

---

"I'm home~," Kiyoko yawned as she entered the house with her partner's golden retriever barking with joy.

"Hey Kita," she cooed as she picked him up as her mother came down the stairs.

"Hi, Koko! How was swimming?" her mother hugged her taking her bag as Kiyoko didn't respond, "Koko?"

"Yeah?" she said

"I said how was #wimming?" she repeated as Kiyoko only furrowed her eyebrows.

"You mean sss-swimming?" she corrected not hearing her mother saying the 's' in swimming.

"I said it correctly, didn't I?" Kate chuckled perplexed as she looked to Pieter who only shrugged.

"#he's a little tired, we ended training early. #he missed a dive," he said as Kiyoko was trying to processing what he was saying.

now Pieter is saying it too, is everyone not saying s right? she thought I'm going nuts

"Oh dear, well you can go lie down in your room or on the couch, your father will come a little later," she smiled as Kiyoko nodded.

"Make #ure to lie down on the side so the water comes out!"

"Sure," she replied tiredly as she slumped her way to the white couch lying on her stomach as she sluggishly reached for the remote as she flicked through the channels finally finding one to her amusement as she turned up the volume.

Watching her daughter from the kitchen counter she saw the volume soar to a high volume.

"#weety! Can you turn it down a notch? It's a bit loud!" Kate called out but Kiyoko didn't do so.