Neville Longbottom was staring at Valerie, not so subtly.

Ginny Weasley was staring at Valerie as well, indistinctively.

Hermione was looking up from her book, looking around the compartment with interest.

Valerie's eyes drifted around the compartment, carefully observing every small detail she could possibly gather from the evidence plastered across the cabin.

She looked at Harry, who's wand was drawn, pointing at her sharply.

Valerie cleared her throat.

"Who are you?" asked Harry, looking at her, trying to see her face underneath her black hood.

Slowly, Valerie lifted a gloved hand, and lowered the wand Harry pointed at her.

"That's not the way you greet you guests, Potter," said Valerie, lowering her hood, and revealing her face. "Least of all, your Queen," she said, looking at him dead in the eye, her dark eyes boring into hers.

Harry dropped his wand, as the others in the compartment gasped and gazed at her, dumbfounded expressions etched across their organs. 

Valerie took advantage of the silence, turning to Ron.

"And you, Weasley, not everyone who enters is an enemy, or do you want to make me yours?" she asked rudely.

"No, Your Majesty," he mumbled.

"What are you doing here?" blurted Harry.

Valerie turned to Harry, who rubbed his neck embarrassed.

"Sorry, never mind," he muttered.

"Potter, weren't you aware that I was attending Hogwarts this year?"

He shook his head.

"It was in the news papers," said Luna. "Welcome, Your Majesty, it's good to see you remain unaffected by the Wrackspurts," she said, waving her hands imaginarily in the air.

"Thank you," she said curtly. "At least one of you keeps up with news."

"Anyway, I just thought I'd drop in to see Potter, but it doesn't seem like he welcomes my presence. He hasn't even spoken much. Unless he isn't capable of speaking," she drawled.

Harry opened his mouth to speak, but no words came out.

"Well, then, see you Potter," she said, turning on her heel. "Granger, try finite incantatem to remove the silencing spell. If that doesn't work, then it's a lost cause."

She was leaving the compartment, when Harry stopped her.

"Wait!" he called.

She stopped in her tracks and turned to face him. "Yes, Potter."

"I didn't get your name," he said unsurely, looking at Valerie's dark, dark eyes.

"God, help this child," muttered Valerie.

She smirked.

"How do you not know my name when you attended my coronation?" asked Valerie.

"Wasn't really paying attention," he said softly.

"Do you know how to read?" she asked.

"Yes."

"Did you read the newspapers?"

"No."

"Then how do you expect to know my name if you haven't looked for it?" she asked.

He shrugged.

"Merlin, Potter."

"Harry, her name is.." Hermione started, "I can't remember."

Valerie looked around the compartment.

Not saying a word, she turned around once more, covering her face with her hood.

Hovering at the door, she stopped.

"Weasley, I heard you are a favorable chess player, and I am in dire need of a worthy opponent. Do stop by before we reach Hogwarts. My compartment in on the far end of the train," she said.

Ron nodded, but Valerie didn't see.

She was too busy gazing into Harry's eyes, and there was a sort of unspoken conversation exchanged between the two. She pulled away from his emerald eyes and turned to face the door.

"It's Valerie, Potter. My name is Valerie," she said softly, then left the compartment in utter silence.

Ron Gaped.

"Bloody hell."