Friday Night Fright

MJ POV

I was walking with the boys, and Benny and Rory were having a argument about some sci-fi thing. " He's a huge, awesome robot. All he'd have to do is yank on the warp engine nacelles." Rory says.

" Okay, that's like saying a dude could fight a boat!" Benny argues. Ethan was getting more embarrassed by the second.

" Guys, just... can't we do this in a girl-free zone?" He asked making eye contact with a group of girls we were walking past.

" He's a robot in disguise!" Rory exclaimed. " He'd just show up as a harmless truck."

" In space?!" Benny exclaimed making me laugh a bit. I then look forward to see the PE teacher.

" Hey Coach, what are you doing?" I ask. He was at the trophy case taking out the only trophy in the case.

" Say goodbye, guys." He said looking at the trophy. " Times to put this old relic into storage."

" But, isn't that, like, the only trophy this school has ever won?" Ethan asked confused.

" Yes, but it, uh, it sends the wrong message, you know? Winning isn't everything." Coach said. " Yeah, sure, out teams come last in points, but, oh, boys, we come first in so many other important areas."

" Yeah, like...point...avoiding?" Benny asked making me laugh.

" That's one sad trophy case." Rory said looking at the empty glass case.

" Here, can you hold that for a second?" Coach asked. I wasn't sure if he was talking to me or Ethan. We both reached out and grabbed the trophy. A weird jolt of energy went through me, I looked to Ethan and he had the same confused look as I did.

Then this guy showed up behind Benny, " Oh! Nerd alert!" He said then ruffling his hair. " Get a haircut, Bevo."

" What did you do that for?" He asked turning to Rory angrily.

" Are you seeing this?" I whisper to Ethan, he nodded lightly. The guy then started to walk away but stopped in front of us when he saw out confused looks.

" Wait, you two can see me?" He asked confused. Ethan and I looked at each other and shrugged.

" Yeah, I... I guess." Ethan said.

" Who are you?" I ask curiously.

" Uh, well, I am a winner." the guy said crossing his arm. " That's probably why you don't recognize me. I was the best coach this school ever had, right before it was overrun by nerds, like you guys." He said pointing to Ethan, Benny, and Rory.

" Who are you calling nerds?" Ethan asks offended, he then looks back to Benny and Rory.

" Why don't you transform and roll out, dumblebee?" Benny said.

" You're a warp ten butthead!" Rory retorted. The old coach then looked back to us raising his eyebrow.

" Okay, point taken. So...what do you want?" Ethan asked the old coach.

" First I'd like to thank both of you for letting me out of that there trophy. Feels great to be free after 30 year! Now I can do things like this." The old coach then, some how, pantsed Ethan. I looked away covering my mouth, holding  back my laughs. When Benny and Rory noticed they both were in hysterics.

Sarah then walked up, " Space theme, huh? I would have guessed Spiderman."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" Ah. Here he is, Coach Ed." Ethan said looking in schools old year book. " Says he was the gym teacher 30 years ago."