xvi. to london

— possible trigger warnings: sign of a minor depressive episode and acknowledgement of eating habits in this chapter and this chapter only —

possible trigger warnings: sign of a minor depressive episode and acknowledgement of eating habits in this chapter and this chapter only —

- george's pov -

i arrived. speeding along the streets of brighton at 4am apparently paid off, since before i knew it, i was already at my destination. as i dashed out of my car and sprinted up to angel's apartment, i felt my heart beating out of my chest. however, i knew that the feeling of my heart pounding wasn't caused from the sprinting workouts i was doing, but it was pounding to the thought of angel. at this moment, all i knew was that i wanted to cup angel's face with both my hands and place a gentle kiss along her soft lips while apologizing profusely toward her; i knew that i had so much explaining to do. but i was so nervous as i walked up to her and her best friend's flat. to be honest, i could nearly feel my neck throb on its own from my fast and anxious pulse. moreover, i was filled with nothing but worry and concern over my girlfriend and her well being.

next thing i knew, i aggressively knocked not once, not twice, but three times against angel's front door. there was a moment of silence after i knocked, almost as if no one was home. feeling defeated, i pressed my palm against the outside of her front door, feeling cold wood against my touch.

still sulking at the porch, i looked down out at a loss, but i decided to knock harder. i consistently hit four knocks across the hollow wood door this time around, with my eyes staring down at my feet. as i sighed from getting no response, i still kept my hand pressed on the outside of her front door. i began to shift my body weight forward and leaned against the wood, in hopes of the door opening. all of a sudden, i felt my upper body slightly fall forward. i looked up to see angel's front door open, but she wasn't at the door.

"what? what are you doing here?" kate snapped while whispering. i watched her eyes blink slowly to the sight of me, she clearly wasn't happy to behold my presence.

"kate... please. i just need to talk to angel," i begged as i tried to catch my breath and lower my adrenaline. i looked passed angel's roommate and glanced into her apartment. my eyes scanned kate's background in hopes of locating my beautiful girl, but i saw no one else occupying the flat.

"she doesn't want to see you right now. go home, dude. you absolutely ruined her. do you have any idea how much this affects not only her life, but also harms everyone around her? i cannot believe you would be so insensitive. i never want you near our property again. if you come back, i won't hesitate to put a restraining order on your as-" kate began to lecture. kate was good at persuading and presenting her argument, she was studying to become a lawyer after all.

before i knew it, as i was half listening to kate, i watched a slowly door open behind her. i slightly squinted my eyes to try and focus on the sudden movement across the flat. from afar, i saw a small figure waddle out of the opened room. i couldn't truly see who it was, but i analyzed the figure as i saw a black puffer jacket with a navy blue blanket on top the of their head. my mind began to connect the dots as i recognized the jacket that the unknown figure was wearing, it was the jacket that i gave angel on our most recent date. the girl across the room was angel.