30

Later that day, everyone was gathered around the dining table and Zuko was still fuming a bit. Li and Lo were peacefully oblivious as nobody had bothered to fill them in. "Why didn't you tell those guys who we were?" Zuko asks his sister.

"I guess I was intrigued. I'm so used to people worshipping us," Azul replies with a shrug.

"They should," Ty Lee pipes in.

Azula nods as if it were the most obvious thing in the world. "Yes, I know, and I love it! But for once, I just wanted to see how people would treat us if they didn't know who we were."

"Like waves washing away the footprints on the sand, Ember Island gives everyone a clean slate. Ember Island reveals the true you. To the party!" Li and Lo exclaim in unison.

Do you guys happen to speak english like the rest of us? Rezalia's voice sounds in the back of Zuko's head, bringing a grin to his face that he hid by dipping his head down a bit. "What time are we even meant to be at this stupid thing?" he grumbles aloud.

"Well there wasn't a specific time," Ty Lee says with a slight frown as she realized she hadn't gotten a time from the boys.

Mai laid her head on Zuko's shoulder. "Guess that means we can't go. Shame."

"Don't be ridiculous, Mai," Azula scoffs. "I heard Chan tell someone that the party would last from dusk to dawn so we'll have to leave soon. Ty Lee, you have his address?"

"Sure do!"

Zuko was already prepared to leave the party and they weren't even past the front door yet. Hell, Chan hadn't even opened the front door yet. When he finally did, he gave the group an odd look. "Um... You're a little early. No one's here yet."

"I heard you telling someone you'd be partying from dusk till dawn. It's dusk so we're here," Azula replies with a glance toward the horizon.

"But that's just an expression," Chan tells her, a bit confused.

Azula didn't seem to care all that much about his expressions. "We are the perfect party guests. We arrive right on time because we are very punctual," she says as she makes a chopping motion into her palm. Chan shrugs and opens the door wider, leading them inside.

"All right, listen, my dad's an admiral. He has no idea I'm having this party, so don't mess anything up." Zuko wasn't really listening to Xhan as he looked around the house. It was nice enough, elebrotly painted vases scattered around the room, a large crystal chandelier in the middle of the room hanging over the large table full of food. A few small couches were sitting against the walls and pillars made the open floor plan more elegant in a way. Rezalia would've made fun of the weird looking flowers that were scattered around the building.

Zuko was drawn out of his thoughts by Azula speaking. "That's a sharp outfit, Chan...careful, you could puncture the hull of an Empire-Class Fire Nation Battleship, leaving thousands to drown at sea...because it's so sharp."

...What the fuck was that? Not-Rezalia asks. Zuko snorts in amusement as Chan gives his sister a weirded out look.

"Hey, first ones here, huh?" Ruon Jian asks as he turns away from the mirror he was looking into while combing his hair.

Zuko gives him an annoyed look as they pass. "Pft. He thinks he's so great. Well, what do you think of him?" Mai stops walking and looks at him as she looked at everything, but Zuko could see something shift in her eyes.

"I don't have any opinion about him. I hardly know him," she says.

"You like him, don't you?" Zuko says lowly and Mai walks away. Not-Rezalia speaks in the back of Zuko's head again. Don't be such an idiot, Z.