thirty-six.

Ka'liyah Janae White ✩
Chicago, Illinois

"Ka'liyah where you at ?"

"Doing a client's hair ." I lied looking around for my surroundings in the dark construction site . "E , trust me ."

"Whatchu mean client . Nigga it's 2 inna morning foe. " I heard him suck his teeth.

"Eroious , just trust me . Please .."

He sighed. "whatever mane , it's chill ." The call ended .

I popped my phone in the back of pockets standing next to a pile of dirt waiting for her to arrive .

"Why am I here .. really wasting my time ?. 6 months and I'm still letting his mother talk down on me. Hate it. "

I mumbled to myself before I seen her call pull up . I looked around for my surroundings to make sure it was just us .

I didn't tell Eroious that I was meeting her . I didn't want him to loose his shit , plus his slowly trusting me now .. started opening up with his feelings towards me aswell.

But his patient with it , same as me . But I can't tell him the other secret's .

He just can't know .

It was starting to get dark , I covered my face with one of my hands from the brightness of light . I heard her engine turn off .

She let out a small chuckle standing beside her car . "So you the girl that's changing my son ?."

She walked closer towards me . "You took him away from me. " She pulled a gun out pointing it at me .

I stood there confused backing away . "I didn't , you just wasn't the mother figure for him Yvette . Not my fault you can't take care if your child ."

She chuckled . "Oh so now we being petty .. watch your mouth . Now let's cut to the chase , you got my money ?."

I nodded my head . "Yeah , Eroious can't know that we met up tho. "

"Why ? .. why the fuck he can't know !." Her vibe started to change , she walked towards me pointing her gun at me . "Huh ! Speak !."

She spoke aggressively .

"He just doesn't- girl youn gotta know. " I back away slowly giving attitude. "Um you good ?."

"I need my meds .. gimme my fucking money girl , what's taking you so long give me the shit. "

I sucked my teeth getting irritated. "I'm literally holding it , shut your mouth up like you dead tweakin right now ."

"Shut yo mouth up , I'll shoot you and my son . Ion give a shit , ain't gon show no remorse either. "

I laughed nervously . "You tweakin. "

I heard her cock it back . "Am I ? , Am I tweakin , do you not know who I am !." She walked towards me even more .

"I'll give you your money .. just don't point that at me ."

"Point what this ?." She laughed along , at this point it was getting creepy .

I kept backing away before I fell into the pile of dirt while she stood over me . I looked up at her seeing her fist by pass my face .

Spitting over to the side . "Your weak ! , How can Eroious fuck with a weak bitch . How you gon fight his hoes when he cheas-."

I cut her off kicking her in the stomach while she fell back , I watched the gun just laying there by itself .

Ka'liyah had a choice , either to break the deal off . Or do the biggest mistake she's going to regret .