Shes Actually Kind Of Cute

Start from the beginning

Damn, his smile was beyond perfect. I didn't have a ton of experience with guys since I only had one boyfriend, but I wasn't stupid, I knew how to flirt, to play the game.

"Hmm maybe if you tell me your name." I bargained.

"Nick, and yourself pretty lady?" He asked flashing that insanely gorgeous smile again.

"I'm Naomi,but you can call me MiMi." I said extending my hand.

He took it, squeezed it lightly and shook it.

"Its very nice to meet you MiMi, so what do you say to lunch?" He asked again.

"Well, I guess I do kind of owe you." I said as if I had to go.

He laughed, and then walked with me to the cash register where I paid for my books. After, he took me to a cafe close by.

"You're a freshman right?" He asked after we ordered our food.

"Yeah,how did you know?" I asked impressed.

"Well for one thing, only a freshman would be buying books on move in day. For another, there is no way I would've missed a pretty face like yours last year." He said with a wink.

My heart tingled.

"Aww, well aren't you sweet. But you were in the bookstore too mister!" I replied

"Okay, you caught me. Im a bit of a dork." He said

After we got our lunch, we ate and talked.

The conversation consisted of a ton of flirting, along with getting to know each other. Nick was a sophomore, originally from New York like Sonny. He was here on a basketball scholarship,but he certainly wasn't stupid. In fact he was quite intelligent, the opposite of all jocks back home in Texas, including my ex. His dream was to make it in the NBA, and I admired the passion with which he talked about it.

After lunch, we walked around the campus for a couple of hours, talking about anything and everything. We had a lot in common, but we also had a few differences. I could definitely see myself being friends with him, maybe even more.

"Hey, I better get back to my room, its getting kind of late." I said reluctantly, not really wanting to stop talking to him.

"Sure,no problem. Want me to walk you back?" He asked.

I was about to say definitely, but then I stopped. Was I being stupid!? I just met the kid...what if he's a serial killer or something.

"I don't have to, if you don't want me to, but I promise I'm not a serial killer or something." He said as if he had just read my mind.

I laughed and gestured for him to walk with me.

"I had a lot of fun today, you're not so bad for a frosh." He said with a grin.

"Me too. You're okay I guess." I said smiling

I did a lot of that today, hopefully I didn't look creepy.

"So would you want to do this again sometime?" He asked.

"Definitely. I'll give you my number,and you call me sometime." I said

He took out his phone and handed it to me and then I put my number in his contacts and handed it back. After I gave it back, he unlocked it ring typed on it. He put the phone to his ear and my phone began to ring so I reached into my pocket and got it out.

"Hello?" I said

"Hey, it's Nick. You free tomorrow night?" He asked

"Well, I'll have to check my schedule but..." I began, but he cut me off.

"Great, I'll get you at seven. See you then." He said and hung up the phone.

I couldn't help but bite my lower lip and smile. He smiled, then turned and walked down the hall. I watched until he was out of sight. Today was definitely the best first day I could've ever had. Unfortunately, I had spoken to soon. As I opened the door, I fell into the most awkward situation I had ever faced. Sonny was lying on his bed and he most certainly was not alone, on top was a girl, who I couldn't quite see since the room was dark. They were in the middle of making out, but my sudden entrance caught the girl off guard. She immediately stopped and turned around.

"What the hell," said Sonny

I thought he was mad at me for walking in.

"Oh my god I'm so-" I began but he cut me off.

"Marie why are you stopping?" He asked the girl on top of him.

"Uhm...your roommate just walked in..." Said Marie, confused.

"So, who cares," Sonny said, like what Marie said didn't make sense.

Before Marie could respond, Sonny continued to kiss her, and began to take her shirt off. She didn't refuse, and they got right back into their flow. I stood in the doorway for a moment, bewildered by what had just happened, and then quicly shut the door and sat outside. Yeah, I most definitely wasn't in Texas anymore.