"Woah." Hailey stated as she hopped out of her car. "This is swanky? I wasn't expecting this for a college sophomore."

"Yeah." Dustin nodded. "Wait until you see inside."

Vincent looked up at the building in something along the lines of awe. Despite being there several times, he'd never taken the time to actually look up at the building and take it in. Lucas' family had money, and there was no question of that. Vincent was struck with the image of Marty's house and how differently the two boys resided.

Lucas' family house and Vincent's house were next door to each other. Those house two were very different. Vincent's house was a moderately sized cheery yellow house with white trim and a large front porch. Lucas on the other hand had a clinical white mansion with black iron accents and tall gates. It was the house of a Congressman, a Congressman who never spent any time at home. Marty had a tiny model home on the other side of town with hardly and flowers at all, and boarded up windows.

Marty lived a very different life from his friends; they had no idea how hard he really had it.

"It's big." Vincent nodded with finality. "Have you two met?"

"Yeah?" Hailey looked at Vincent strangely. "We met at one of the games... you had the..." She gestured to her face. "All the paint."

"I remember." He replied.

"Oh... well, I guess I forgot that." Vincent frowned. "I think you two got along well?."

"I think so." Dustin smiled.

Inside the building Lucas met the small group at the door. He had a navy half zip on contrasting nicely with his wavy blonde hair and green eyes. It was strange, though the entirety of Lucas' apartment was decorated in Black and white, Vincent realized he'd never really seen the boy wear either of the colors.

"Hey guys." Lucas greeted with a friendly smile. "Looks like you brought in the reinforcements?"

"Yep." Vincent chuckled.

"Well thanks for all your help guys. If you want you can put your coats in the bedroom, and oh you're welcome to anything in the fridge. If you want, you guys can start getting the snacks into bowls, and Vincent and I will get drinks from the kitchen? Alright?"

"Sounds good." Dustin smiled.

"Yep, I'll uh.. I'll grab your coat." Hailey nodded suggestively, clearly picking up on the fact that Lucas had intentionally organized it so he and Vincent ended up alone.

The boys made their way into the kitchen, and once they passed out of sight, Lucas pulled Vincent into a kiss, backing him up against the wall.

"I like your sweater. You look cute." Lucas whispered between kisses. "I wish you hadn't brought everyone, so we wouldn't have to hide."

"I'm sorry.. I needed a ride."

"Next time I'll drive you and we can have the whole place to ourselves." Lucas smiled suggestively. "You taste good."

"What about the drinks?"

"I set them up this morning." Lucas mumbled, fiddling with the top button on Vincent's sweater. "I wish I wasn't having this stupid party." Lucas whispered in between kisses. "Ask me and I'll cancel, I'll send everyone home."

"No it's alright. I don't mind spending time with your friends."

"They're jerks." Lucas whispered, out of breath from kissing in every pause. It was a strange new way to have a conversation, Vincent thought. "I can't believe I have to pretend like we're not together tonight."