Luke-15

My heart was pounding, my breathing was erratic, and my body was shaking in frustration. Of fucking course my dad would decide to come home at that specific moment. I huffed in annoyance as I heard him coming up the stairs, my eyes glancing at the anxious blonde in front of me. 

Her cheeks were tinged red, her eyes wide and panicked. I wanted absolutely nothing more in that moment to crush her back into my body, wanting to feel the heat radiate off of her as she allowed me to fold my lips over hers. My body was still tingling from the way she made me feel... my body reacting in a way that I had never felt before when she kissed me. I had to admit that I loved it... and I hated it. I told myself I wouldn't get attached to another girl... not after last time. But here I was, already falling for an american cheerleader I had befriended barely two days ago. 

She startled me by pushing past me, jumping onto my bed just as my dad was coming into view. I watched as my dad glanced at me, then to Kaylee, his eyes lingering a moment too long for comfort before he looked back at me. 

"Hey." He grumbled, letting out a heavy sigh. 

"Why are you home?" I questioned, probably sounding more rude than I meant it to, but not caring even the slightest bit to apologize. 

"Mum said you needed medicine." He said simply, holding a walmart bag for me. I took it quickly, wanting to get him out as soon as possible. I knew my lips were still swollen, and it didn't take a rocket scientist to put together the fact that her lips were also swollen. 

My dad let out an annoyed laugh, my eyebrows furrowing as he ran a hand through his hair. "Right... well now you have enough to last you awhile." He said, glancing back at Kaylee. I swear I saw it click in his head, my body tensing as I waited for him to call us out. "I'm going to be working from home for the rest of the day, so if you need me I'll be in the office." He said, giving me a look that told me he knew exactly what was going on before he walked up and that he wanted me to know that he will be in the house for the rest of the day. I cursed under my breath as he turned to stalk out of my room, my hands clenched into fists at my sides. I knew as soon as I was away from Kaylee I was going to get lectured on being alone with her, and the last thing I wanted was for my parents to force her to sleep on the couch by herself. I was quickly becoming accustomed to having her body next to mine while I slept, and I wasn't ready for them to take that away yet. 

I jumped, slightly startled as Kaylee busted out into laughter, my body spinning around to look at her doubling over on my bed. I didn't really know how to react, part of me wanting to laugh at the situation, and part of me wanting to crawl and hide under my bed for the rest of eternity. All we did was kiss, but I knew my dad would think otherwise... and I really didn't want that lecture anytime soon. 

The part of me that wanted to laugh won out in the end, her giggling infectious as she continued to belt them out. I carried myself to the edge of my bed, sitting down before resting my elbows on my knees to push my palms into my eyes. I knew I had shit luck, but this was ridiculous. 

"I'm sorry." I managed to mutter, having absolutely no idea what else I was supposed to say. I mean, what were you supposed to say to the girl you had against the wall only moments before a parent walked in? 

"I don't think I have ever been so panicked in my life." She mumbled, attempting to catch her breath. I could barely catch my own as I allowed myself to meet her bright eyed gaze. I swear her eyes shone brighter than any star in the sky ever could. 

"I feel like ever since I've moved here I've just had shitty luck." I admitted, thinking about the things that have gone wrong since I was forced to come here. Number one being bumping into Aaron, earning a target on my back.