Motel

Date Started: 07/12/20
Date Published: 01/01/21
Word Count: 3404

Summary: Chan gets a rather...strange, warm - or cold - welcome when he wakes up in the middle of the night after finding a creepy ass Motel to stay in for a couple of days.

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

Chan's sigh was filled to the brim with such dread. To the point that he even considered sleeping on one of the damp, wooden benches, covering himself with the clothes currently residing in the suitcase by his side. Reason being? The creepy ass motel that he's standing in front of.

Sometimes when people say 'in the middle of nowhere', they mean that, yes - there's a small shop maybe 30 minutes away, or a basic town a couple of yards to the east. Not like this, which was literally in the middle of no where. It would take him a good while before he started to see civilization again when he was to leave.

The motel itself was stingy. The typical sign had one bulb out of the entire thing working, and Chan swore he could see some sort of rodent crawling about through the glass. Sizing was fairly average, matching to most motels.

He could see a smashed window on one of the right hand side rooms, mold almost proliferating the more he stared at it. The closer he got to the building, the stronger the smell, the stronger the eeriness settled in, and the stronger the fear fortified from the bottom of his toes right to the top of his head.

It's not like he really had a choice, it had been snowing for the past week or so and it was to continue on for a few days longer. His idiot self had gotten off at the wrong station - he was supposed to be heading back to his parents house from uni for the Christmas holidays, 3 weeks off exactly - and ended up in a random place. Once getting off the train he caught a bus, proceeding to fall asleep for 2 hours and waking up to an even more unknown place. Not knowing where the hell he was, he walked for about 40 minutes, away from the deserted bus stop and the one dark, abandoned looking house behind it and found this place. It really was his only option after it became too dark and he became too tired and sore from walking so long with a huge suitcase and filled rucksack. Plus, the ongoing snow was incredibly hard to walk and see in.

The door actually creaked just like it did in the movies, and then proceeded to slam shut with a worrisome click. He'll admit he flinched at that, just not to anything outside of his head.

With a deep breath he lay his stuff down and walked up to the receptionist, who didn't even acknowledge his presence as he continued to smoke his cigar, reading a news paper that Chan noticed was from 2015.

"Um, hello?" He spoke after clearing his throat, voice still managing to crack. The man looked up and just...stared. He looked Chan up and down and puffed out another breath of nicotine.

"Name" was the first thing that came out of the man. He rustled through some papers and grabbed a pen from the cheap pen tub.

"Uh, Bang Chan" He tried not to stutter, but it was rather difficult when the receptionist looked like he wanted to murder him just because he walked into the motel. The man scribbled the name down.

"How long will your stay be?" he asked simply, boredom filling his countenance.

"Just until the snow gets less bothersome I guess-" Chan scratched the back of his neck sheepishly, trying to think of when that actually would be.

"-4 days" Chan didn't argue at the interruption, it would probably take longer for the snow to calm down, especially now looking outside and noticing you couldn't actually see through the window due to the onslaught of snowflakes. He just accepted the mans offer, although the way he said it seemed like he didn't really have a choice.