Chapter Eighty-Seven

Start from the beginning

Where is it? I just had it!

"Ollie." Nat pulled Olive away from her bed, "Olive, you need to stop. Calm down. Breathe."

But the Ravenclaw couldn't hear her. She kept crying for her notebook, pleading, insisting that her deceased cousin was somewhere inside of it. She sounded like she was losing her mind, and maybe she was starting to with the way she was acting.

"I'm going to get Flitwick." Marietta ran out of the room, pulling Cho along with her. Neither of them wanted to be in the dorm, where Olive was collapsed into Nat's arms, crying nonstop about the terrifying experience she had just endured.

Cedric was alive, that much was true. The way he called out to her, begged her to get him out of that inky black enclosure could not convince Olive otherwise. She knew that there had to be some way to save him.

Natalie held Olive tightly, keeping her from fighting and thrashing around the room. Silent tears streamed down her face. She was terrified, knowing that in order for Olive to be crying and screaming in her arms as she was now meant that her heart must have been breaking a thousand times over.

A few minutes later, Cho and Marietta returned to the dormitory followed closely behind by Professor Flitwick. Their Head of House looked startled as he looked around the messy bedroom, which had been thoroughly trashed by Olive's fit as she tried to find her notebook.

"Merlin's beard." He whispered as he rounded the corner of Olive's bed, where the girl in question had fallen unconscious in Nat's arms, "What happened?"

Nat reached one hand up to wipe the drying tears from her cheeks, looking pale and exhausted from what she had witnessed. Taking a shaky breath, she started to explained to Flitwick what happened.

"She started screaming in the middle of the night. No one could get her to snap out of it." The blonde spoke slowly and carefully, "When she woke up, it was like she had been drowning. She couldn't breathe, and she started screaming about Cedric. How he..."

Her eyes fell on something under Olive's bed, partially hidden under the corner of her bedsheet.

It was her notebook, opened to one of the middle pages. Nat's mouth hung open slightly as she stared at it, a nervous feeling settling over her.

"What about him?" Flitwick asked, his voice low as it cut through the heavy silence.

Nat turned to the professor looking worried, "I think Professor Dumbledore needs to hear about this."

"Miss Lark, can you hear me?"

"Albus, give the potion a few moments to work. Besides, we shouldn't be bombarding her with questions when she needs to rest. Miss Lark is terribly exhausted and dehydrated."

"I'm sorry, Poppy, but I do fear that this situation might be time-sensitive."

"Make it quick, then, before the potion wears off."

Olive had never been hit by a car, but if she ever was, she believed it would probably feel similar to how she was currently feeling. Her entire body was trembling and exhausted, her head pounding strongly in tune with her heartbeat. When she breathed, her chest felt heavy and weighted.

"Miss Lark, dear, can you hear us?" Madame Pomfrey stood over Olive, shining light from her wand into the Ravenclaw's face as she checked her eyes. The light made her headache worse, but she didn't protest.

When the Healer was done, Olive nodded, coughing a few times to try and rid the sour taste from her mouth. That was probably the potion she had heard Madame Pomfrey talking about. Besides from how she physically felt, everything else was numb and eerily calm.