Prologue: A Knight's Farewell

Hello There, ladies and gentlemen, this is my first story to be published here on Wattpad.

I originally wrote this story on QQ, but today, I had posted this story here, so here it is.

I might add some facts for the Armored Core universe, as only a few are written in the wiki.

Hope you guys and gals enjoyed this and let's get going.

Disclaimer: Armored Core and Azur Lane are properties of their respective owners.

I only own the story that I had written.

White Knight of the Azure Seas

Prologue: A Knight's Farewell.

++++

It felt like it was yesterday, that me and my pilot fought a formidable opponent.

An opponent who followed his own path amidst this chaos.

++++

A white colored war machine faces its opponent, a red colored machine. The white machine has an angular head with a single red visor upon it, with a flaring point on top of its head.

Its colors are mostly white, gold and black, creating an image of a knight in its form, though the weapons equipped upon its back made it look like an angel instead.

Its has a pair of triple barreled EC-0307B Laser Cannons, one on each shoulder unit, make up the white machine's heavy artillery.

On its right hand is an MR-R102 Rifle, capable of tackling enemy ACs in the hands of a veteran LYNX.

On the left hand is the forearm equipped EB-0305 Laser Blade, a close quarter weapon that suited the white machine's pilot, as it is easier to use, and perfect for his style of combat, mid-ranged gunnery before closing in for the kill.

And to finish the ensemble, an emblem of a fluted knight behind a shield is present, making it known to the red machine's pilot that his opponent is Gerald Gendlin, and his Armored Core Noblesse Oblige.

The red machine, a Type-LANCEL if he remembered it correctly, immediately opened the battle with a stream of high caliber rounds from his dual Assault Rifles, which the white machine evaded, and retaliated with his own rifle, mainly using the MR-R...

The red machine, a Type-LANCEL if he remembered it correctly, immediately opened the battle with a stream of high caliber rounds from his dual Assault Rifles, which the white machine evaded, and retaliated with his own rifle, mainly using the MR-R102 to land hits upon the enemy.

The red machine then unleashed two missiles from its left shoulder launchers, which streaked towards the Noblesse Oblige. Then the LYNX who pilots the red machine heard a transmission from Gerald himself.

"Sorry to crash the party. Little hit-and-run bandits like you have no honor." He said to the red machine's pilot, who just continued listening to him as they fight.

"I envy your simple life. Void of responsibility." Gerald finished. Something in those words struck within the red machine's pilot, as he intensified his assaults against Noblesse Oblige.​

++++​

My pilot's words may had struck a sensitive nerve, as the red machine intensified its attack. My pilot guided me to finish the red machine, but we're always at a stalemate.

++++

The two Armored Cores fought fiercely, as they managed to hurt one another during their intense mêlée. Noblesse Oblige unfurled its 'wings', its six laser cannons unleashing alternating salvos of laser fire, which made the red machine evade, but it didn't come out unscathed, as a salvo slammed into it.
Not enough to destroy it, as its Primal Armor is active, but enough to throw its momentum off to allow Gerald to close in for him to use the laser blade.

The red AC managed to use its own laser blade to block Gerald's coup de grace, as the two ACs now engaged in another fierce mêlée, before Noblesse Oblige broke off and fired another salvo of lasers from its laser cannons.

Both pilots are pushing their limits in this battle to see who is the better LYNX.

The red machine weaved left and right to dodge the shots, as it launched another two missiles towards Noblesse Oblige, which hit its mark, rattling the AC and its pilot.

The red machine wasted no time as it peppered Noblesse Oblige with its dual Assault Rifles, while launching another missile salvo, with the hits continued pounding the Primal Armor of Noblesse Oblige.

"I don't believe it. Noblesse Oblige, we still have work to do!" Gerald spoke, as the shots hit his AC and managed to overpower his Primal Armor, allowing the red machine to damage him.

Noblesse Oblige retaliated with all it got, firing its laser cannons at full power, unleashing six torrents of energy that sheared the right hand of the red machine and severely scorching some of its inner workings.

The red machine attacked with its remaining arm and launched another missile salvo, which hit Noblesse Oblige dead center, which gave the red AC the opportunity to close in and deliver the killing blow.

++++​

I felt myself fall. My still operational sensors blared at me. Me and my pilot, Gerald, defeated by this pilot.

I felt strangely content with the fight. Was it because that me and my pilot finally found someone who can best us?

Probably.

We had been in the shadows of those who outranked us, but today, I felt that we gave everything we got, and we've been defeated fair and square.

I can feel my systems shutting down, this is it for me. I heard Gerald speak, his voice slowly losing cohesion as my audio receptors began failing.

"W-We did our b-best, Noblesse Oblige. I-I wonder w-what's waiting for u-us in tt-he a-afterlife."

I had no longer heard his last words, as darkness finally took over me.

++++

On that day, the LYNX pilot, whom he remembered as Strayed, defeated Noblesse Oblige in single combat, allowing his group, ORCA, to further their plans in destroying the Cradles, or at least that's his plan.

For Noblesse Oblige, NEXT of Rosenthal and trusted partner of Gerald Gendlin, his fight on the poisoned, dead surface of Earth is finished.

For his journey must now continue upon a world of azure seas, and amongst the maidens of steel who are fighting a war against an alien foe who had wrested control of the seas from Humanity.

++++