"how was the rest of your night, dear?" my mother asked with her eyes fixated on washing the plate in front of her.

"it was great, mum! i'm going to take a shower now," i foretold as i took my shoes off.

"that's good. i like her... that angel. don't be stupid and let her go, okay?" my mum ordered, now staring at me with stern eyes.

i chuckled at the sight from my mother's serious expression. "i don't plan on doing so anytime soon," i replied, then i was off to prepare a hot shower.

as i walked up the staircase, i was humming the tune to joji's "slow dancing in the dark", in which angel blasted in my car earlier tonight. i smiled to the thought of angel singing and dancing in my passenger seat, she was always so giddy and adorable. i walked into my bathroom and began running the water for my shower, waiting for the water to heat up. whilst the water was becoming warm, i went to my bedroom to pick out a fresh pair of pajamas.

after showering and rinsing off any remaining sticky residue from melted ice cream or sweat glands from nervousness on my date with angel, it felt nice to be clean again. however, right as i was exiting the shower, i heard my phone, "ding!" i quickly unlocked my phone to see a message from angel.

text messages (21)

angel<33
just got home safely! going to bed now, goodnight! xx

george
happy to hear. i'm off to bed as well.
goodnight, my love<33

i turned off my phone while a smile before slipping into my clean pajamas after my hot shower. as my body stood fresh and exhausted, i slumped into my bed with happiness. now comfortable in bed, i picked up my blue comforter before lifting it over my body. before drifting to sleep, my one and only thought was angel and how much i loved her.

-time skip to the next day!-

"ring! ring! ring!" was all that chimed throughout my ears as i began to wake up. i grunted out of frustration as i reached over to my nightstand to stop the ringing. once i grabbed my phone, the bright screen hit my tired eyes in an instant. i winced at the sudden bright light before reading, "dream wants to facetime..." i sighed heavily out of defeat before pressing the green button to answer my best friend's call.

"what could you possibly want at this hour? it's like 5am here in brighton!" i gritted through my teeth right after the call went through.

"i know, and i wouldn't call you at this hour if it wasn't important," dream responded.

dream was using a quick and panicked tone with a worried expression plastered on his face as he talked to me. after seeing his clear concern, i began analyzing the imminent stress he was expressing. as a result, my face loosened from tiredness to the sight of my overwhelmed best friend. i reached over to my nightstand once again to turn on the closest lamp i had nearby so that dream could see my face.

as the dim lamp light hit my features, "w- what, what? what's wrong, clay?" i quizzed with a change of voice. i never referred to him by his first name unless it was over a serious topic, which dream was clearly implying.

"it's angel. they- they found her," dream stammered with his eyes widened, an expression of nervousness never left his face as he talked.