You watched in horror as Kylo made eye contact with you, his eyebrow raising in interest as he looked you over. Admittedly, you did look good. Hux paid for a new dress for the party and it fit you perfectly.

"I thought I told you he wasn't invited." Hux hissed. His eyes scanned the room, trying to find where Snoke was, trying to see if he was noticing that his underboss had just walked into the same room as him.

"I didn't tell him to come." You said, exasperated. Actually, you specifically told him that he wasn't invited.

Hux rolled his eyes at that, not believing you. Why else would Kylo want to be there if it wasn't for you?

Once he had his eyes on you, Kylo was a man on a mission, pushing past people and letting his shoulders knock against theirs as he got closer and closer to you, his eyes never leaving yours. He needed to get to his princess.

You turned your back towards him, quickly drinking what was left of the champagne in your glass, needing some alcohol to get you through this if he was going to approach you as blatantly as he was making it seem he was going to.

Hux's arm around your waist tightened, pulling you in closer, getting possessive at the sight of the dark haired man who was walking over.

"Congrats. You two make quite the couple." You heard Kylo's voice ring out behind you. You could smell his cologne, feel how close he was to you by the way the hair on the back of your neck stood up. "I didn't think you'd have the balls to seal the deal, Hux." He taunted the man across from him, "You better have the wedding soon before she comes to her senses and calls it off."

"I don't remember sending you an invitation." Hux said stiffly, his fingertips digging into the indent of your waist painfully, ignoring his jabs. He wanted a night dedicated to showing you off and letting everyone know that he had his shit together. Kylo had nothing to do with any of that, he didn't want him involved.

Kylo sent Hux a cocky grin, "Are you sure?" He asked simply, waving his hand up to get the bartender's attention.

"Yes." Hux said instantly, "You weren't invited."

You could hear the way that Kylo was laughing and almost feel the way his chest was rising and falling as he did so. "Did you really think that you could keep it a secret from me? If you think these men are more loyal to you than they are to me, you must've really let Snoke's recent attention get to your head."

Although you could smell his cologne, you could also smell the whiskey scent wafting off of Kylo's breath from behind you. From the way that he was talking louder than usual and the fact that he showed up to the party in the first place, alerted you to the fact that was probably drunk right now, or at least somewhat inebriated. It was the first night that Kylo's doctor gave him the 'okay' to leave the apartment after recovering from his injury and he was using it to his full advantage, enjoying the fact that he could leave and get drinks with his Knights now.

You looked up at him over your shoulder, heat rushing to your skin when you saw the way that he was already hungrily looking you over. You hadn't been in public with him since you admitted your love to each other and you especially hadn't been in public with him in a setting like this, a party to celebrate your engagement to someone else. It was strange to see him and have to pretend like you didn't have the intense feelings that you did have for him.

"Well, I think you should leave." Hux said to him, jaw clenched harshly and his voice strained. "You shouldn't be here, Snoke's here." He said to him in a quiet voice, not wanting anyone around them to overhear the mention of their boss.

Kylo shrugged, the alcohol coursing through his veins as he took a glass from the bartender who was extending their hand out in his direction, taking the drink from them. "Yeah. I saw him." He said simply. Really, it was making him uneasy that he was around Snoke when he knew he shouldn't be but he didn't want to leave your side, he didn't want you to be celebrating your engagement to someone else, even if it was fake, without him there.