Part 1. The beginning

AN. This first chapter will not contain any crossover yet, but there will be spoilers for Young Justice S.2 so read at your own spoiler risk.
----

Let's just say, it all started off completely and totally normally, in a park, around 9 PM-
A young girl, only 16 years old, was walking alone among the yellow trees of this specific park.
She was SO. FLIPPING. TIRED.
Right after she finished school, she worked her ass off at the local McDonald's, so she could afford art supplies for commissions that she didn't charge enough for.
I would know, after all, I am that girl.

I was walking among the dimly lit path, as I came across a bench I considered my options;
I could go home and work on one of my commissions there- but mom and frank would make too much noise...

Or I could sit here, and work on this bench.
----
I sighed lightly, as I placed my bag on the bench, and sat down next to it, slightly shivering from the autumn breeze, and took out my sketchbook.
As I took out a pen I started doing the lineart for a sketch I had done earlier.

My mind went blank as I worked on it, willing it into perfection. You see, It had to be...  For Kevins sake.

I had only met Kevin last month.
He came into McDonald's sobbing, and because I had just finished my shift, and he seemed to be a teenager, I sat next to him and asked him what was wrong, and next thing you know, we're having a heart-clenching conversation. He told me That was the night he had lost his sister.

To be honest, I was surprised. I was expecting to hear about something lighter, like a breakup, or school troubles, so when he dumped that on me I wasn't quite sure what to do, soI just listened to him.

I was also not sure at first if she was dead, because the wording he used was quite strange. He said 'she's been sucked into a place she can't come back from for now.'

I know I know, I'm dense AF. But until he used the word 'Dead' I assumed he meant that she was in a coma.

I gave him my number that night, telling him to call me if he ever needed to rant to someone he can call me.
I wasn't sure why I did that, but I had this gut feeling that this guy had something strange about him.
He did call me the next day, but not to rant. He told me he'll treat me to coffee to thank me for listening.
we've been talking ever since, becoming pretty close as this month flew by, so when he called me last night with an urgent commission request, I couldn't say no.

For the first time sinc. The night we met he mentioned his sister, and me wanted me to draw her for him.
I was of course hesitant. Drawing your friend's dead sister was a big responsibility, but I had to accept it. For Kevin's sake.

So here I am, on a bench at night, finishing up the drawing.

It was perfect. I think it was my best work yet, and I was put my heart and soul into it.
I run my fingers over the spine of my sketchbook letting out a sound if satisfaction that weirdly sounded like a cat meowing. I smirked at myself, knowing that if kev was here, he'd probably make fun of me and call me a cat girl.
I am not a cat girl.

Kevin please stop calling me a self proclaimed waifu. Ahhhhhhh!

Speaking of Kevin, he's probably closing up shop around this time. I smiled and dialed his number, pressing call;
It ringed 5 times, and I was getting impatient, but when I was just about to hang up he answered.

" BEATRICE  CAT GIRL WEST. do you know what time it is?!" I heard his scruffy voice on the phone, along with shuffling noises.

"shush Kev it's not like you were sleeping! Also- WHAT DID I SAY ABOUT CALLING ME A CAT GIRL!?" I scoffed and opened a new page in my sketchbook, starting a kid flash sketch.

He laughed slightly, but then coughed, like he was trying to hide the fact that he thought he was SO FUNNY. "Bea chill, I'm just saying the truth"

"FOR THE LAST TIME I AM NOT A CAT-"

"So what did you call me for?" He interrupted. "I was just closing up the shop."

"Oh yea! I finished your drawing!" I smiled.

"Oh." He said. There was a sudden change in his tone.

Oh? I didn't really know what kind of reaction I was expecting for, but that sure wasn't it.
I cleared my throat, "umm, yea. If you want to wait for me, I can drop it off right now?" I offered.
I looked down at my messy sketch of Kid flash, aka Wally west. My pen was running out of ink and I was working on his face details.
"Also I really want that payment we discussed" I added.

I waited for an answer, but I only heard silence.

"Kevin? You there?"

"Kev?"

Then there was a crash in the background and I heard him yell something that sounded like "OH PLATIPUS-"

"KEVIN?!" I yelled at my phone worried.

"What, oh, Bea I'm fine!" He said. "and you can come over right now. I'll be waiting. I've been dying to complain to someone about Wallys death in Young Juatice!" He added.

I scrunched my face. Did he just say...

"WAIT WHAT!?!?" I practically screamed.

"Bea you watched season 2 right...?" He sounded horrified, but I Was horrified.

"I- NO I DIDN'T! WALLY DIES!?"

"Oh shit I'm sorry Bea-" he started apologizing and I didn't know how to feel. He had just spoiled the death of one of my favorite, if not MY FAVORITE husbando. WTF?!

I looked at the drawing in my sketchbook. He was in his super suit, eating a cookie. His face was only half done, but he still seemed so... Alive? And now he's telling me he died?!

"Ah, f*ck." I stated.

"Well see you soon!" Kevin quickly hung up the phone and I was left in shock.

I wasn't really sure how long I sat there staring at my drawing, but eventually I managed to pick myself up from the bench and stretched my body because the cold weather seemed to freeze me into a popsicle.
Oof I was cold.
"Im blaming Kevin" I mumbled, as I put my bag around my shoulder, sketchbook in hand, and started walking towards 'Maple Shopping Central' the place where Kev's art supply shop was located.

As I got onto the bus, and sat down I took one more look at Wally's drawing. I drew a heart next to him and wrote
'wally west, November 11th, 1994- the day KEVIN SPOILER HISNDEATH FOR ME. WILL LIVE FOREVER IN MY HEART. RIP HUSBANDO 1#'

Kevin's pov

I hung up the phone, and ran my hand through my messy hair, pulling it into a very sloppy, Manbun.
I thought I had more time. She's always complaining about how she never has time to do anything, but she finished the drawing in a day.

"Bea..." I felt a warm substance run down my cheek. I was crying.
I didn't want to get attached. I was only supposed to create a spirit bond between us. I never expected us to become so close so fast.
"Do I- am I really going to do this?" I picked up the knife. Looking around me, I noticed that I had prepared everything without noticing. I was going on autopilot.

Clenching my fist and wiping the tears away, I took a deep breath and reminded myself why I was doing this.

"Im sorry Bea, but this is the only way"